Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Issues with Etsy. Need advice :( *Update*

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 3:46 PM
  • 10 Replies

I ordered a custom hand stamped necklace for my daughter for her special "Big sister" gift on adoption day. 
I paid for it March 2nd but knew it would take a few weeks to make so I was patient.
Then the seller emailed saying she was shipping it out, I got electronic shipping confirmation on March 28th but when I called the PO last week she had never shipped it, she had just send in the electronic notice.

So I have emailed her 4 times in the past week with no response.
I finally sent her one saying that we would be filing a dispute on Monday if I haven't heard from her by then.

I have no idea how to go about this.

Has anyone ever filed a dispute?
What happens if she says she will ship it then my 45days are up and she hasn't? Do I file it anyway?

She is a friend of a friend and lives locally (about an hour away) so it shouldn't take that long for shipping.

Any advice would be great. I have never had anything like this happen. 

Update Tuesday 4/15

Today she emailed me the new tracking number and it's on it's way. It should be here tomorrow. 

Thanks for all the help ladies! 

by on Apr. 12, 2014 at 3:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ELFs_Mommy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I would open the dispute now. That way she knows you are serious. Then, if you actually do get the necklace you can always close the dispute. If you don't get it, you already have the dispute process started.
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Apr. 12, 2014 at 4:47 PM

Open a case. Did you look at her seller rating?

JMmama
by Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 4:51 PM
Yep. This is what I would do too. I wouldn't even wait until Monday.

Quoting ELFs_Mommy: I would open the dispute now. That way she knows you are serious. Then, if you actually do get the necklace you can always close the dispute. If you don't get it, you already have the dispute process started.
iamcafemom83
by Mariah on Apr. 12, 2014 at 7:38 PM
Bummer. I wonder about her rating, too. I agree about not waiting to open the dispute.
Make sure you leave feedback.
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Apr. 12, 2014 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this

She has 3 stars....with 424 reviews. 
I have her cell phone number from my friend, but I am nervous about calling her.

Quoting Mom2Just1:

Open a case. Did you look at her seller rating?

Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2014 at 7:54 PM
No, don't call. It's a business matter. File the dispute and get her motor running.

You'll either get it or your money back.
Even with a failproof reason, it should have been disclosed to you by now.

( and I 'd go ahead and order from another US vendor )
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Apr. 12, 2014 at 8:01 PM

I just filed a dispute through etsy, and if I haven't heard from her by Monday I will file a dispute through paypal to get my money back. I have till the 16th to file through paypal to get my refund. But I really want that necklace. 
I just found her shops facebook page and there are NUMEROUS people saying they never got their things :(

Quoting Momofmenagerie: No, don't call. It's a business matter. File the dispute and get her motor running. You'll either get it or your money back. Even with a failproof reason, it should have been disclosed to you by now. ( and I 'd go ahead and order from another US vendor )

a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 6:47 PM
I agree with this. Good luck!

Quoting ELFs_Mommy: I would open the dispute now. That way she knows you are serious. Then, if you actually do get the necklace you can always close the dispute. If you don't get it, you already have the dispute process started.
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Apr. 13, 2014 at 8:27 PM

She emailed back today and said it would be mailed to me by tuesday. She has to make an entire new necklace though, she doesn't know what happened to the other. 
If I don't have it by Wednesday, I will file a refund with Paypal.
She lives locally so it shouldn't take that long.

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Apr. 15, 2014 at 1:52 PM

Updated!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)