Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

sibling jeliousy

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 2:52 AM
  • 4 Replies
My daughter is 3 years old and dealing with some sibling jeliousy. Such as having hissy fit when my 1 year old son lays in bed. I noticed it getting wworse now he can more thing that she can do such as playing with toys and sitting next to it each other in shopping cart. As she got mad he was next to her and banged his head to the handle bar. And I'm not sure what to do. I was her mood to get better with him. And she has speech delay. And he has motor delays also.
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 2:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 4:39 AM

Jealousy is very natural for siblings especially this age.  Do you put her in time outs when she is not nice to her brother?

tamikadorch26
by on Apr. 15, 2014 at 4:48 AM

Normal. It will pass. Try doing things together more and when you are holding the baby try sitting down letting your three year old daughter hold the baby with your help, hold the bottle, help get you a diaper, and stuff like that. Include your three year old into your daily life more with the baby so she old won't feel like she is left out. When the baby is sleep play with your daughter and tell her she is a big girl and she really helped mom out with the baby today. I hope this helps you.

Tasha911471
by Member on Apr. 15, 2014 at 6:16 AM

Try giving her things to do that baby can't . Tell her this is because she is older and that it is very good that she is older so she can teach the younger one when he is older but, until then she is more responsible so can do soooo much more. ;)

Annie_21
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 3:20 PM
She doesn't want anything to do with her brother. I tried. No I haven't really done time out because I don't want her left out and like I'm giving her timeout if she she feels left out. She doesn't understand that she can put in box that only hers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)