Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Do you and your family share doctors?

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 6:51 AM
  • 46 Replies
I'm thinking of changing my husband's pcp to my doctor since our insurance company changed his pcp to a doctor whose too far away from us. I may even change the kid's doctor to mine also... He's a family doctor so his range of provider care is from children to adults. Do you think it would be weird? Or should everyone have separate doctors?
by on Apr. 18, 2014 at 6:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 7:13 AM
Most families I know go to the same ones.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Apr. 18, 2014 at 8:14 AM
My kids see an actual pediatrician. I see an obygyn

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Paigesmommy78
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 8:18 AM
1 mom liked this
No we all have different Dr ive had the same since I was a kid and so has DH Dd sees a pediatrician for now thinking of switching her over to my DR
Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 18, 2014 at 8:18 AM
1 mom liked this

We all have the same doctor and it is great! He has all of our records and has several times picked up on family related health issues that he could only have guessed at otherwise.

fatcat0908
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Be careful when switching your children. Some insurances won't cover routine vaccinations if they aren't done by a peditrician.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fudgybuddymom
by Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 10:36 AM

Not necessarily. My daughter & I have the same MD. She(my dd) is 15 & trusts her so...The MD doesn't share Molly's info with me unless Molly approves. Obviously if it was life threatening she would share with me. So no I don't think it's weird to share our MD. On the other hand for my hubby & I to share an MD just felt weird.

craftyzenmom
by New Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 12:17 PM
The kids and I share the same Dr. and husband goes to doc in the same building- I think it's important to see the family as a whole. The relationship I have with our Dr. is great and since she knows my health concerns/history I think she's better equipped to treat everyone. We have never had any problems with any shots or treatment not being covered because she's not a pediatrician.
TiffanyJanelle
by New Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 3:18 PM
It would be easier to just have one doctor every in my family go's to the same doctor except for my mom.
aurora.dove
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 3:25 PM

Lot's of families use the same doctors. Ours doesn't, my DF and I have different insurance. His insurance is through the VA because he is a veteran, and I have BCBS. The kids both see a pediatrician instead of a family care doctor, so none of us see the same doctor. 

ImNotKarl
by Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 3:26 PM

My kids have the same doctor. He's a pediatrician, so that's all he does.

My husband just goes to whomever is available.

I see my midwives for well-woman care, and then just go to whomever for everything else. 

Ask me how you can be of at least average intelligence!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)