Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

18 yr old son an his live-in 18 yr old gf

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:03 AM
  • 85 Replies
Hi, i have an 18 yr old son. Currently his gf lives with us because ofa bad home life. Id like to get other mothers opinions on whether or not they should be able to sleep in same bed/room..during day (naps) or at night. My husband and i totally disagree on the subject. Please help. Thank you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
disneymom2two
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I've got a 15 year old so haven't had an adult child yet but I still think I'd go with no.  It's nice of you to give her a place to stay but personally I wouldn't be okay with them taking naps or sleeping together at night in my house.

booaura
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:05 AM
3 moms liked this
I personally wouldn't have a problem with it, but then, I'd only have her staying with us if she was a responsible, smart young woman. I'd talk to my son about sex and being safe, and be clear that a baby would not be welcomed as long as they live with us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this

He is 18. If she is 18, they should be able to make that decision themselves. 

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group :)

mommy2boys03
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this

In my parents' home I wasn't allowed to have my now husband even up to my bedroom until I got married.  I guess to me it would all depend on if you have younger children in the home and want that as an example for them but I would say no.  If they want to do that they can go find their own apartment.

Dewinter
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this
My ds is 20 ,he wouldn't ask me if he could. He has more respect for me and his father. We are a conservative family, and if his gf needed to move in due to family issues , she would be in my dds room or on the couch.
Neither one would have a problem with it because we are helping her out , not the other way around.
mommie_x0x
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:25 AM
If they are both of age ( well As long as she's at least about to turn 18 since she's already living with you ) then I guess I wouldn't have a problem as they are technically adults. I would make sure I bought my son a year supplies worth of condoms and if she isn't on birth control I'd take her to her dr or planned parenthood and get her on some, but also explain to my son I do not want grand children any time soon and that if they both would like to continue living with me they play smart , and obviously I'm not stupid I know they are going to be having sex in my house even if I asked them not to so I would tell them ( if I knew they were already sexually active ) I would appreciate it if it was done when I am not home or I am fast asleep.

But my DS's are only 5 and 1 and I don't think I would let my kids have their gfs living with us when they get older anyways unless she was helping out and had a job... So hopefully I don't have to cross this bridge. But I guess only time will tell
disneymom2two
by Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Nope, not in my house.  If you want to go out and get your own apartment, fine but in my house, that doesn't work.

Quoting Mommy2justone:

He is 18. If she is 18, they should be able to make that decision themselves. 

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:27 AM

I'm not sure how I would feel, to be honest.

Bleacheddecay
by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this

My answer would be not just no but H@&& NO! I do not want my kids having sex in our home. They need to get a job and move out to do that. It might be the only thing that will motivate them. And even if they say they are just napping or sleeping I would not trust that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN