Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Electric Scooter.... Anyone have one?

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 6:32 PM
  • 12 Replies

My DD wants an electric scooter for her birthday. What is a good one to get. I know nothing about them other then some say they don't last long.

by on Apr. 21, 2014 at 6:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gsmom9
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 5:54 AM

Hilarious. I just posted about the same question. My DS wants one for his birthday too. He's about 60 lbs so I was thinking of going to the Razer 200. It was a toss up between the 150 and the 200. My budget wont allow me to go higher. The reviews said the 200 had abit more speed and durability tho. Im waiting for an email back from Walmart regarding prices today as when I was on Facebook last noc, a Walmart ad popped up for the 200 for $149.99. When I went on the ad it took me to Walmart, but the scooter was $169.99 for the blue and $179.99 for the green. Not sure why the discrepency in price over colors. Anyhoo, Im hoping that they get back to me the price they offered on Facebook. My DS wants a blue one. His new fave color. How are you doing on your hunt?

BmoreRavens
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 6:59 AM
1 mom liked this

This one got great reviews.

Razor E200 Electric Scooter

by Razor

Mommy2Monkeysx2
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 3:29 PM
I haven't really searched for many just pricing them and I've heard the 200s are better. That's just a lot for a scooter. If I could get that one for 150 I'd go right ahead and order her one. That's not too bad compared to the 175-200 I've been seeing.
Quoting gsmom9:

Hilarious. I just posted about the same question. My DS wants one for his birthday too. He's about 60 lbs so I was thinking of going to the Razer 200. It was a toss up between the 150 and the 200. My budget wont allow me to go higher. The reviews said the 200 had abit more speed and durability tho. Im waiting for an email back from Walmart regarding prices today as when I was on Facebook last noc, a Walmart ad popped up for the 200 for $149.99. When I went on the ad it took me to Walmart, but the scooter was $169.99 for the blue and $179.99 for the green. Not sure why the discrepency in price over colors. Anyhoo, Im hoping that they get back to me the price they offered on Facebook. My DS wants a blue one. His new fave color. How are you doing on your hunt?

waytomanykids10
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 4:30 PM

Nope, I won't buy one like that for my kids. I actually like to see them get exercize so we stick to one they need to actually work to get it to move.

Mommy2Monkeysx2
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 5:08 PM
I see your point. That's how I felt for the longest time. But the older my DD gets the more active she gets. So therefor I'm not to worried about it anymore. She stays outside and will run, do flips or cartwheels, ride bike, play basketball, etc. .. she is always doing something and is skinny. I don't believe we will have a weight or lazy problem for a while. I got her in cheerleading and gymnastics too.
Quoting waytomanykids10:

Nope, I won't buy one like that for my kids. I actually like to see them get exercize so we stick to one they need to actually work to get it to move.

Mommy2Monkeysx2
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 8:01 PM

Cheapest I have found is about 162 at walmart. Thats for the blue. Green is 179. Thats so strange to make one cost more then the other because of the color.

Quoting gsmom9:

gsmom9
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 8:02 PM

Walmart emailed me back and said that they didnt know about the ad and the price was $169 and $179. The ad mysteriously hasnt popped up again. The ad took me directly to the Walmart website tho when I hit it last night.

Mommy2Monkeysx2
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 8:04 PM

Same as I see. I meant 169 not 162. I looked at the Razor 150 instead of 200 and they are cheaper. Speed is a little slower.

Quoting gsmom9:

Walmart emailed me back and said that they didnt know about the ad and the price was $169 and $179. The ad mysteriously hasnt popped up again. The ad took me directly to the Walmart website tho when I hit it last night.

gsmom9
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 8:19 PM

You were right $162 for the blue. They seem to be like the stock market right now. Good thing his birthday is next month. Maybe the sales will be starting soon

Quoting Mommy2Monkeysx2:

Same as I see. I meant 169 not 162. I looked at the Razor 150 instead of 200 and they are cheaper. Speed is a little slower.

Quoting gsmom9:

Mommy2Monkeysx2
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 8:40 PM
I have till June.
Quoting gsmom9:

You were right $162 for the blue. They seem to be like the stock market right now. Good thing his birthday is next month. Maybe the sales will be starting soon

Quoting Mommy2Monkeysx2:

Quoting gsmom9:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)