Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Who is your favorite music artist?

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 10:35 PM
  • 15 Replies

Your favorite vocalist, band, song writer? What is your go to music these days?

by on Apr. 22, 2014 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Darkangelpunk
by Member on Apr. 22, 2014 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this
P!nk
ceciliam
by Cecilia on Apr. 23, 2014 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I like so many artists and different types of music but one of my favorite artists is Shania Twain. I really wish she would put out some new stuff.

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Apr. 23, 2014 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I really enjoy Pink now. When she first became known I couldn't tolerate her music.

Quoting Darkangelpunk: P!nk

Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 23, 2014 at 2:00 PM

I like Shania Twain (Whose bed have your boots been under?)  I haven't listened to country for a while though.

Quoting ceciliam:

I like so many artists and different types of music but one of my favorite artists is Shania Twain. I really wish she would put out some new stuff.

Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 23, 2014 at 2:01 PM

I need to listen to her music. I'm not familiar with her.

Quoting ceciliam:

I really enjoy Pink now. When she first became known I couldn't tolerate her music.

Quoting Darkangelpunk: P!nk

shakesrear
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Radiohead. And Thom Yorke. And Atoms for Peace.

But sometimes I have to take a break and lately I've been really diving into music, probably because I now have a 30-40 minute commute. I've been listening to Smashing Pumpkins, Tears for Fears, Pete Townshend, and Rush. I'm sort of re-discovering older music since not much interests me in current music.

ETA: The modern artists I've been listening to are Taylor Swift and Mika, thanks to my 7 & 9 yo girls. 

Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 23, 2014 at 2:11 PM

Thank you for the ideas. I end up listening to talk shows and traffic and weather reports in the car, and I have fallen so behind on the music that is out there now.

Quoting shakesrear:

But sometimes I have to take a break and lately I've been really diving into music, probably because I now have a 30-40 minute commute. I've been listening to Smashing Pumpkins, Tears for Fears, Pete Townshend, and Rush. I'm sort of re-discovering older music since not much interests me in current music.

shakesrear
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I can't do talk radio because I'm in France and their subjects really bore me. So I've been dusting off all of my cds that I haven't listened to in ages because of 9 years of sleepless nights and babies crying. I'm starting to complete some of my collections. It's really worth it to spend that commute time listening to music.

Some of my other favorites are Ride, Gang of Four, and Pearl Jam.

Quoting Bmat:

Thank you for the ideas. I end up listening to talk shows and traffic and weather reports in the car, and I have fallen so behind on the music that is out there now.

Quoting shakesrear:

nopenope666
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Slayer, Pantera, and a lot of Led zeppelin and Sublime. Tons of different stuff, really.

Oh! Almost forgot the Miftits! I adore them.
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Apr. 23, 2014 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm loving passenger right now! I tend to gravitate toward true artist- the ones who
Write and play their own music.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)