Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

My son fights when he needs to eat

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 6:08 PM
  • 4 Replies

my son is a year old and I'm trying to get him to try different foods. but I keep running into a problem my son hates fruit unless it's in babyfood already, won't drink or eat anything if it's cold and doesn't like juice and I mean any kind of juice when he first tried he liked them but now he doesn't he only wants milk no water no juice nothing but he eats rice beans and other cooks foods no problem. It's a fight just about everytime he needs to eat. HELP what can i do.

by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Keep offering him the options.  For fruits, you can make yourself warmed or hot fruit recipes.  He does not need juice.  Milk can be added to many creamy dishes that are hot so he still is exposed to it.

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Apr. 23, 2014 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Keep offering. Juice is not healthy so no need for it.
Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 23, 2014 at 8:32 PM

What he eats is one of the few ways that your son can control his own life. It would probably be a good idea to back off from coaxing, arguing, and so forth. Put some food on his plate, tiny bits, and let him choose. He probably should be drinking water.. so I think I'd offer him some (room temperature) milk at meal time but between meals only water. This would be better for his teeth anyway than having milk sit on his teeth all day.  He doesn't need juice. Fruit is good.

okpondlady
by on Apr. 23, 2014 at 8:40 PM

Just a word of advice.  If he continues resisting different foods and textures please mention it to your pediatrician.    Picky eaters are one thing, children with texture issues are a different issue altogether.  

TANSTAAFL- There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)