Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Total freak out!!

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 12:27 AM
  • 4 Replies

My DD turned 16 this past March. Earlier today she told me she needed to talk to me. This is rare for her to do these days. She told me she thought it was time for her to think about getting birth control!!!! WTF??!?! I immediately thought "I am gonna kill the bastard!!!". After a minute I recovered enough to choke out a strangled response...:what?!" She repeated it and I was still shocked. Meanwhile my mind was racing over every scenario I had with my mom. At about 17 I asked for the same thing. But I NEVER saw this coming!  Years later my mom said she suspected for a while what I was doing. So I made her an appt with an OB/GYN and if she wants birth control she can get it. She asked me not to tell her dad. We have never had secrets from each other about DD and I feel sneaky not telling him. But I also know he would lock her up and go ape shit on any boy he saw. This has totally freaked me out and I am still reeling from it!

by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 12:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Mom2Boys9501
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 9:09 AM
I understand you need to be her confidant but I'm not sure I could keep a secret that big from her dad.
Bleacheddecay
by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 9:14 AM

I would take her for birth control for sure BUT I would also stress that while that might help her not get pregnant if she has sex, pills and many other forms of birth control do NOT help with diseases you can get from having sex. Only barrier method birth control helps with that.

And even though she may trust / love whatever boy she is interested in, when sex comes into play and particularly lust, people lie about it being their first time or what their sexual history really is. He might not want to tell her he has had sex with a particularly person or before because he is worried she might get jealous or say no.

The only person you can trust is yourself in these matters and clearly not always yourself.

tcfla
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 9:16 AM

When it was time to take my daughter, I told my husband this... I made DD appointment with the GYN and most likely will have her put on BC.  She is at an age now where she needs to have a doctor help her and educate her and prepare her for the future. Surprisingly enough, he was like, yeah, better safe than sorry.  However my daughter could care less if he knew, When she got home he was out mowing the lawn and she said "dad! you know what they put in my vagnia! OMG!!!!"  lol, I though he was gonna pass out. He just said to her...I don't want to know. lol  good luck.

a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree with this. I would also tell her dad but make sure you explain all to him. Good for your daughter for being responsible

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

I would take her for birth control for sure BUT I would also stress that while that might help her not get pregnant if she has sex, pills and many other forms of birth control do NOT help with diseases you can get from having sex. Only barrier method birth control helps with that.

And even though she may trust / love whatever boy she is interested in, when sex comes into play and particularly lust, people lie about it being their first time or what their sexual history really is. He might not want to tell her he has had sex with a particularly person or before because he is worried she might get jealous or say no.

The only person you can trust is yourself in these matters and clearly not always yourself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)