Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Is this a normal toddler thing?

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 12:38 AM
  • 12 Replies
My 2 1/2 year old son is sooo incredibly hyper. He talks non-stop, he can't seem to sit still unless he's super worn out and tired, he jumps and runs and rolls and climbs on everything. Even when we're at a friend's house, which I'm trying to teach him not to do.
Anyhow, I love my overly hyper and active child... but I was wondering if this is normal toddler behavior or is it just my kid? Lol.
He's on over charge and I have a very hard time keepin up, especially with my 5 month old.
by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 12:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 1:07 AM

It can be.  i got mine a mini trampoline (one of those exercise ones) for her to bounce around on and they love it!

aepreston
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 1:33 AM

YES! He's a boy ;) He'll only get busier.  I have a 4 year old boy. I agree on the trampoline too. They have this bounce house place here he can visit too. Mine wants to constantly ride his bike until his legs fall off. I also encourage an hour of quiet time. He will go in his room for at least an hour and play quietly/read books, sometimes even shockingly take a nap! He did today.

djg0622
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 1:36 AM
I have a two year old and three year old. Both boys. They never stop! I got a trampoline as well. And bouncy balls and punching bags(bop bags). They really are endless!
Retrokitty
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 1:55 AM
Very normal
facethetruth2b
by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 8:44 AM
Yes non stop they keep going and going. Its tiresome ...
Emycf
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 10:10 AM
I think it's probably normal. I know boys are in general more active than girls, but my daughter was like this when she was 2. All over the place with crazy energy, bouncing off the walls and climbing anything she could, literally running all day long, though she's always been a good napper. My mom had 2 girls and a boy and she said the only one of her kids who had energy like my daughter was her boy.
MaineMammax2
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 11:12 AM
I have two girls and yes this seems pretty normal to me. Although my girls did/do nap.
BeccaWooten
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 12:09 PM
I often wonder the same thing. My boy is a busybody unless he is sleeping and he even tosses and turns in his sleep. I think he would explode if he didn't run all that energy off. I just think boys must have more energy than girls.
brieri
by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 2:40 PM

Wow! what are you feeding him?  He has lots of energy.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 2:47 PM

No, mine were not hyper like that.  Youngest at that age would sit for hours and not move playing with toys.  She is very mellow today as an adult and never was crazy ever. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN