Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

tummy time helllppppp!!

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 8:02 PM
  • 32 Replies

my darling son is 5 months old we do tummy time for a hour a day and he HATES it i honestly dont know what to do we tried putting a tv show on for him that only works for about 5 minutes we tried toys he ignores them we tried playing with him doesnt work im at wits end also all he does is a slight caterpiller crawl and then flips back on his back he doesnt know how to flip onto his stomach i watched a video on a baby atypical and typical baby movements (ie crawling being able to roll onto stomach) and my baby doesnt do any of that also he has to do tummy time cause his head going flat in the back so i dont know what to do is my baby behind how do i get him to enjoy tummy time 

by on Apr. 24, 2014 at 8:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 8:04 PM
I don't make my kids do tummy time if they don't like it. They get the same abdominal exercising by being held.
If baby's head is flat you should stop laying him on his back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amberNewman0213
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 8:07 PM
I don't pressure tummy time. Try a walker jumperoo instead. My DD was not crawling till 8 months. He will catch up when he wants.
thenerdmom
by New Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 8:09 PM

Quoting polkaspots: I don't make my kids do tummy time if they don't like it. They get the same abdominal exercising by being held. If baby's head is flat you should stop laying him on his back.

oh i diddnt know that, but i thought tummy time makes them learn to crawl faster and will he enjoy crawling if he dont do tummy time?

jandj4
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this
U don't need tummy time. Put the baby in a jumper. Hold him. Use a bumbo etc.
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 8:12 PM
Forcing the issue can make it seem scary, which would cause him to learn to crawl even slower. You don't have to make your little one stay on his tummy. He might not enjoy crawling, not all kids do. My sister hated crawling. She didn't crawl until after she learned how to walk.

Quoting thenerdmom:

Quoting polkaspots: I don't make my kids do tummy time if they don't like it. They get the same abdominal exercising by being held.

oh i diddnt know that, but i thought tummy time makes them learn to crawl faster and will he enjoy crawling if he dont do tummy time?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jandj4
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 9:16 PM
I've never met a kid starting school who couldn't crawl. No need to rush it.

Quoting thenerdmom:

Quoting polkaspots: I don't make my kids do tummy time if they don't like it. They get the same abdominal exercising by being held.

kiwilime
by Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 9:21 PM

If he will only do 5 min at a time, then only do 5 min. at a time.  He will roll  from back to tummy and learn to crawl when he is ready.  He's only 5 months, he has plenty of time before anyone would be concerned about him not doing those things. DD4 was 9 months before she started crawling.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 9:29 PM
Mine are older so slept on their tummys so it was normal. They loved it. 5 months mine rolled over though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this

my kids hated tummy time and i never forced it. flat heads are caused from being laid on their backs to long and to often. They are able to work the neck muscles, stomach, back ect by being held and played with

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Apr. 24, 2014 at 9:42 PM
Tummy time is overrated. All my kids crawled by 8 months.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)