Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Self Defense?

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 6:09 AM
  • 63 Replies

A friend of mine recently bought her 16 year old girl a stun gun to carry for self defense and it got me thinking. Would any of you arm your kids with something like that? And how old is old enough? Would you say anything to your friend if they did this?

She even told her daughter that the correct way to use it was to put it between the guy's legs and in her words 'fry his balls'! Fairly sure that isn't in the instruction manual haha! XD

by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 6:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
booaura
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 6:13 AM
2 moms liked this
My oldest is 4, he's already in martial arts, and I hope he continues his whole childhood. I think a stun gun is a good idea, after teaching a child how to use it appropriately. And 16 is good age.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamelame
by Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 6:22 AM

Does teaching her to target the balls with it count as appropriate I wonder?

Quoting booaura: My oldest is 4, he's already in martial arts, and I hope he continues his whole childhood. I think a stun gun is a good idea, after teaching a child how to use it appropriately. And 16 is good age.

booaura
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 6:25 AM
I think so. It's effective.

Quoting jamelame:

Quoting booaura: My oldest is 4, he's already in martial arts, and I hope he continues his whole childhood. I think a stun gun is a good idea, after teaching a child how to use it appropriately. And 16 is good age.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamelame
by Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 6:35 AM

Haha I wouldn't know! According to her mom though, they will fry!

Quoting booaura: I think so. It's effective.
Quoting jamelame:

booaura
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 6:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't know that they'll fry, but balls are sensitive, and hurting them is easy, and the best bet to get away.

Quoting jamelame:

Haha I wouldn't know! According to her mom though, they will fry!

Quoting booaura: I think so. It's effective.

Quoting jamelame:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 6:42 AM
2 moms liked this
Targeting the genital area can be considered excessive force.

At 16 id say its a good age but that she should have to feel how it feels so she knows its no joke. Military and police have to shoot each other prior to being issued one.

Id suggest she and all kids take a self defense class. Along with your friend checking state laws on her dd having a stun gun. Where I live you have to have a permit to carry for those.
jamelame
by Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 6:59 AM

Well according to her mom if she holds the button down for a few seconds the pain can become so intense the guy will pass out! It only works if the shock goes directly through his balls though.

Quoting booaura: I don't know that they'll fry, but balls are sensitive, and hurting them is easy, and the best bet to get away.

booaura
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 7:02 AM
Could be.

Quoting jamelame:

Well according to her mom if she holds the button down for a few seconds the pain can become so intense the guy will pass out! It only works if the shock goes directly through his balls though.

Quoting booaura: I don't know that they'll fry, but balls are sensitive, and hurting them is easy, and the best bet to get away.

WatermelonP
by Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I carry a stun gun, and when my daughter is 18 I'm going to recommend she carries one too (or pepper spray, her choice).

Using it on the guys testicles isn't necessary, but it sure would be the most fun!

waytomanykids10
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 10:18 AM

My children are being taught tae kwon do by their older sister. She told them one day, you grab,you yank, and you rip that thing off if need be to protect yourself. I see nothing wrong with a child protecting themselves no matter what. If it means stunning the hell out of a guys balls to protect yourself, I am all for it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)