Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Tennessee Travel Help

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:00 AM
  • 39 Replies
We are traveling to Tennessee during the 4th of July week . I know about all the TOURIST THINGS TO DO . But is there anything that the tourist do not know ??? We are staying from June 28th til July 9th .... I have a 7yr old dd and a 5yr old Ds...suggestions on what hikes are the best or where to have the best picnic etc. We are looking for more outside attractions and things to do. We have our cabin booked ....
We are staying in Pigeon Forge area but we are willing to drive a couple hours out to do some things.
by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pink.Frosting
by Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:18 AM
Depends on which part of the state you'll be in.
facethetruth2b
by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:20 AM
We will be staying in Pigeon Forge but we are willing to drive a couple hours out to do some things. We are also planning to stay in Nashville a couple days when we leave from Pigeon Forge.

Quoting Pink.Frosting: Depends on which part of the state you'll be in.
amberNewman0213
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:21 AM
What part are u staying in?
amberNewman0213
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:23 AM
If your gonna be I. Pigeon forge believe me u won't need to go anywhere to do anything. Only bad thing about u coming to pigeon forge is the traffic is stop and go all the time expecially around and holiday. Plus rod runs makes it 100 times worse. I live an hour away so we go there often. I have never seen traffic so bad in all my life.

Quoting facethetruth2b: We will be staying in Pigeon Forge but we are willing to drive a couple hours out to do some things. We are also planning to stay in Nashville a couple days when we leave from Pigeon Forge.

dixiegurl223626
by Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:26 AM
We went last summer and went to the forbidden caverns. It was fun. We also went white water rafting for the first time. That was awesome too!
CafeMom Tickers
facethetruth2b
by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:30 AM
Yes I went a few years back and absolutely love it there ... I know they have tons of things to do and it is very beautiful there . just was wondering if they have some kinda kept secret things to do ....

Quoting amberNewman0213: If your gonna be I. Pigeon forge believe me u won't need to go anywhere to do anything. Only bad thing about u coming to pigeon forge is the traffic is stop and go all the time expecially around and holiday. Plus rod runs makes it 100 times worse. I live an hour away so we go there often. I have never seen traffic so bad in all my life.

Quoting facethetruth2b: We will be staying in Pigeon Forge but we are willing to drive a couple hours out to do some things. We are also planning to stay in Nashville a couple days when we leave from Pigeon Forge.

dixiegurl223626
by Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:31 AM
If you plan to go to dollywood, they have free water at every concession. That was helpful because we didn't have to spend a lot of money on drinks and carry them around
facethetruth2b
by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:32 AM
Yes we have a to do list and forbidden caverns whit water rafting the alpine coaster (new) tubbing and a great deal of hikes .

Quoting dixiegurl223626: We went last summer and went to the forbidden caverns. It was fun. We also went white water rafting for the first time. That was awesome too!
amberNewman0213
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:32 AM
They have smaller things to do such as horse back riding. Downtown gatlinburg is what we like to do. It's just a big long strip of malls and stores and Small attractions.

Quoting facethetruth2b: Yes I went a few years back and absolutely love it there ... I know they have tons of things to do and it is very beautiful there . just was wondering if they have some kinda kept secret things to do ....

Quoting amberNewman0213: If your gonna be I. Pigeon forge believe me u won't need to go anywhere to do anything. Only bad thing about u coming to pigeon forge is the traffic is stop and go all the time expecially around and holiday. Plus rod runs makes it 100 times worse. I live an hour away so we go there often. I have never seen traffic so bad in all my life.

facethetruth2b
by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:33 AM
That's cool. It would take us $200 to get us 4 in and my children are under 48inches so they would be limited. Just don't see the point spending that kind of money and they can not ride even half of the slids :( which was upsetting when I found that out.

Quoting dixiegurl223626: If you plan to go to dollywood, they have free water at every concession. That was helpful because we didn't have to spend a lot of money on drinks and carry them around
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN