Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

What is the best way to find a nanny and babysitter?

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 6:24 PM
  • 11 Replies

Hi Moms, 

Has anyone tried web services like care.com or sittercity? Any suggestions or experiences about these services or the process of finding a good babysitter or nanny would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks ;) 

Sarah 

by on Apr. 27, 2014 at 6:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on Apr. 27, 2014 at 6:34 PM

I went through care.com to be come a nanny a long time ago. It worked well.

Clays6
by Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:33 PM
I agree with pp. Care.com is a great place to start. Most sitters/nannies have references, and will set up interviews with you. You can get to know them and see if they are actually a good fit before you hire them, which is always a plus.

The sitters show hours availabe, what they charge, if they have any degrees or certifications. It's a very through site:)
JRrzy
by New Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 8:58 PM

We tried care.com, but in the end our 2 babysitters are from word of mouth. I spent 6 weeks interviewing 8 applicants from care.com and only found one who was reliable and experienced and worked with our schedule. She ended up getting a job in a different field. So, after hours and hours of searching, interviewing, etc. we didn't get a babysitter from care.com. 

funhappymom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 8:44 AM

I've never used either of them but here's a bump.

**Post ANONYMOUSLY on Mom Confessions!**

Bmat
by Barb on Apr. 28, 2014 at 9:17 AM

I used references from friends. This worked well.

gkcathey
by Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 9:23 AM

We used SItterCity a few years ago to find our summer nanny and we had her 2 summers in a row.   The only reason we aren't using her again this year is because we moved to another state and I can't talk her into living with us! :) 

WundrWmn
by Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 8:01 PM
Care.com
lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 8:59 PM

i used care.com and found a sitter i LOVE... my kids kick me out when she shows up lol. Shes 17 so her mom monitors her account. She watches the kids, they adore her, but she cleans up their dinner/snacks and is super flexible 

stargazerwolf
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:24 PM

Any of those sites I've looked on most want $10/hour, crazy expensive...here I just looked for a daycare center because I didn't know if I could trust elsewhere. Then the daycare person closed it down, we switched to a different center, then the first place she had an opening at her in home daycare so sticking with that!

christina122952
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 1:29 AM
I haven't.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)