Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do i go about inforcing a childsupport order

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:46 PM
  • 8 Replies
Ok so theres been a child support order for awhile about 2yrs ago i stoped recieving child support he quit his job and is jumping from state to state to avoid charges what should i do i sent him messages one about signing his rights away and one about the child support and each time he tells me to f off he has never met our youngest daughter and severly abused our oldest im lost about what i should do and how to go about getting the court involved when no one can find him
by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
by Platinum Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:01 PM

Talk to the courts or a lawyer about filing a removal of his rights.   He would still have to pay the back support but none going forward.

by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:06 PM
What state do you live in?

You need to find where you filed the first order and call them and tell them whats going on
by Silver Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Child support enforcement, 877-631-9973, I believe the number is the same in every state. Also lawyer. However it is a pain in the ass if they don't keep their jobs and move around a lot...My ex husband keeps getting fired, occasionally I get child support but we have been divorced almost 4 years and I can't even take him back to court because they figured child support when he was unemployed and won't refigure it if he is unemployed still...about the time i go to refile is when he loses his job again. I don't even know where he is living, he still lives in state but he keeps moving because he probably can't keep a place since he can't keep a job...I wish you luck, I'm getting a lawyer...

by Mom2boys on Apr. 28, 2014 at 11:50 PM
Go back to court?
by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 12:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Go to court and file a violation of support. They will try to hunt him down to serve him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 6:36 AM
Try to get back into court and they will try yo follow his paper trail and garnish his wages to put into a account so it reaches you . idk but you need to seek guidance of a lawyer.
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 11:23 AM

Go through the courts that ordered it. If he's working anywhere in MI they will take his tax refund (state and Federal) and apply it to what's owed. Also in MI they can revoke and or not renew his drivers license.

by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 5:09 PM
I'm just going to share some food for thought...take from it what you will but my thoughts are for you and your kids' emotional health and well being.

You might take the bull by the horns and move forward with your life. I have known women in similar situations who never saw a dime from their exs. They also couldn't afford to keep throwing money into a bottomless legal pit. They actually were better off because they knew they couldn't rely on their exs for any money. That gave them power actually because they were becoming self-reliant and totally in control of the direction they were taking with their own and those of their children's lives.

Yes, it is hard but they weren't "expecting" anything from their deadbeats and didn't need to ever speak with them again. That gives freedom from the chains that bound them to their dead-weights, deadbeats and other unmentionables.

Whatever story you tell your children...the truth is always best even though little bits of information may serve you best if they are very young.

I'm not saying let it go...I'm just saying is it worth the stress, your health...upsetting your kids because you are angry or upset over these circumstances.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)