Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Really need advice on handling step child with a not so nice mom.

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 10:58 AM
  • 19 Replies

I have been with my boyfriend for 4 years and every since day 1 when his son spends holidays or summer break with us when he goes back home his mother always thinks im doing something bad to him but im not. His mother has never liked me and thats fine. But here recently the last time he was here he was playing with my daughter and she got in trouble and when i told the little boy he had to get out of her room cause she was in trouble he said no so i picked him up and put him in his room. Well he got so mad that he called his mother and told her that i hert him, well naturally she went off on the father and told him to call the police. Then a few hours after that the little boy came to me and told me he was sorry for lieing and he even told his mom that he was lieing but she won't believe him and for the past month she keeps texting nasty messages about me and my girls and I don't know how to handle it. I'm almost at the point to were putting up with this women is not worth it and just leaving my boyfriedn so i dont have to deal with her anymore. I need advice on what i should do and am i being ridiculous for thinking about leaving.

by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crystalplus1
by Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 11:03 AM

Ignore her.

mama200921
by Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Maybe have your boyfriend have a serious conversation with her if he hasn't already. My step kids mom just came into the picture a few months ago but it wasn't very smooth at first. Not quite the same problem you are having but we had problems. My boyrfriend kept telling her this is how it is and what not and eventually their mom got it and now we have no problems.

Jessy76
by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

You shouldn't do anything. Your BF needs to address this situation. It's HIS EX and HIS child. If he doesn't you need to decided if this is something you want to continue to deal with KNOWING it will only get worse as time goes. This situation will effect your children as well. If your boyfriend loves you and his child and he wants this situation to work he needs to put a stop to the EX's crazy behavior. He shouldn't have let it go this long.

lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 11:16 AM
Change your number.
Block her on social media.

Have you bf talk to her and state if she has issue they need to discuss it, your not involved. Its his ex and his child. Keep contact between them about the child only.

She sounds jealous. And the kid sounds like he enjoys the attention.
lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this

block her, dont read or respond to her texts if you cant block her. Talk to your BF. Come up with house rules for both children. The rewards for following them the consequences for breaking them. Tell BF from now on all texts, conversations about his child needs to be done with his EX not you.

DeeG610
by New Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 10:42 AM

thank you for the replies and trying to help me with my situation. I really appreciate it.

strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 10:57 AM
I would tell him to fix or or you are gone!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Block her number and tell your bf to be the only contact. She is bitter and is going to really mess up her son, that's a shame. Give her son some extra one on one time, do a craft with him or play catch, try not to let his mom come between you. I don't think you are being ridiculous, blended family issues are very difficult, you may want to get some counseling with your bf if you want to stay in for the long haul though.

-PB
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Block her number and have your bf address any issues with her. 

christina122952
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 6:06 PM
Ignore her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN