Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

what would you think?

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 2:23 PM
  • 30 Replies

so i found this yellow paper on top of my moms laptop and i was just curious to see what it was and as i was reading it, it has a box on it and it says on the left side"hiv" and next to it says"medicare will not pay for these tests for your condition" and when i asked her about it she said that medicare wont cover the hiv test which is a lie because my fiance has medicare and he gets the hiv test done with medicare..does this mean she has hiv? me,my fiance and my 3 year old daughter live with her i really need to know. its bad enough this is from january of this year

by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Crazylife1994
by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 2:40 PM
It depends on what the policy is and it says it won't cover the tests not that she is positive. I'm sure everything is fine.
yung_mom22
by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 2:43 PM

all i know is the paper says Advanced Beneficiary Notice of noncoverage (ABN) but i know for a fact that her medicare covers the test for hiv testing because my fiance has the same exact medicare as my mom and it pays for his hiv testing

Quoting Crazylife1994: It depends on what the policy is and it says it won't cover the tests not that she is positive. I'm sure everything is fine.

Bleacheddecay
by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 3:57 PM

I'm not sure what to think as far as if your mom has HIV and is lying or if medicare won't cover the test. As you probably know, it doesn't mean that if she has HIV, that you, your fiance and child would be in any danger living with her.

yung_mom22
by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 4:08 PM

im not sure what to think either its just that if she does have it, shes been lying this whole time and i just wanna know if there is any precautions me, my fiance and daughter should be taking if she would have it

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

I'm not sure what to think as far as if your mom has HIV and is lying or if medicare won't cover the test. As you probably know, it doesn't mean that if she has HIV, that you, your fiance and child would be in any danger living with her.

Bleacheddecay
by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 4:12 PM

Please check out this link which should help relieve some of the risk factor fears you may be having for yourself, your child and your finance.

http://aids.gov/frequently-asked-questions/

Quoting yung_mom22:

im not sure what to think either its just that if she does have it, shes been lying this whole time and i just wanna know if there is any precautions me, my fiance and daughter should be taking if she would have it

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

yung_mom22
by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this

ok thankyou

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

Please check out this link which should help relieve some of the risk factor fears you may be having for yourself, your child and your finance.

http://aids.gov/frequently-asked-questions/

Quoting yung_mom22:

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

illogicalkat
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 5:09 PM

Do you mean, precautions to keep someone with HIV safe? Stay healthy, if someone gets sick they wear a mask to keep germs from spreading, that kind of stuff.

If you are asking because you think there is some way you might catch it, you need to do some reading because it is not possible to contract HIV just by living with someone who has it. That's like believing you can get cancer from your roommate.

Quoting yung_mom22:

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

yung_mom22
by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 5:36 PM

well my mother doesnt take care of herself hygiene wise, i have read these things but i still ask anyway just to make sure. i really dont need negativity im just looking out for my family is all

Quoting illogicalkat:

Do you mean, precautions to keep someone with HIV safe? Stay healthy, if someone gets sick they wear a mask to keep germs from spreading, that kind of stuff.

If you are asking because you think there is some way you might catch it, you need to do some reading because it is not possible to contract HIV just by living with someone who has it. That's like believing you can get cancer from your roommate.

Quoting yung_mom22:

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

christina122952
by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 6:05 PM

BUMP!

biomom1437
by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 8:50 PM

well that is not 100 % true.. if her mother get a large cut say on her arm or something, any one who comes in contact with that blood can get HIV as well..

but the person below with her comment is rite u can't get from sharing a bathroom, using the same towel, eating off dishes ur mother may have eaten of in the past, u can not get HIV from everyday exposure..

Quoting illogicalkat:

Quoting yung_mom22:

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN