Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'M NEW TO THE GROUP-NEED MAJOR ADVICE

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 7:46 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hello to all the moms out there! :-)

I am new to the group as you can tell by my title...

I hate to come in like this, but just recently, I lost my job because of three women who conspired against me.  I took all type of legal actions just to get turned down because of this being an "At Will" state, so basically they can fire you for anything.  It is unfortunate because I am a single mom, who is going off of a wing and a prayer.  With the check that they finally paid me (OH I HAD TO CALL DOL BY THE WAY), I paid that with rent and called my car note place to see if I can put two months behind and they were okay with it because I've always been on time.  I went to DSS to apply for food stamps and it's taking them forever to approve me for it!  THEN...I've been going on interviews for Temp Agencies (NOT REGULAR EMPLOYMENT), because no permanent jobs will call me back!  I just don't know what to do from this point!  I can't believe those women did that to me knowing my situation!  They gave me no warning or anything (tears)!  I am a good women and a good mother, and for something like this to happen to me, not only have me puzzled but questioning God why did this have to happen to me!  NOW...I'm stuck between a hard rock and a hard place!  I have six more months on this lease!  I cannot break this lease or the Property Mgmt will take me to court!  I am so worried!  Moms, WHAT TO DO??

by on May. 4, 2014 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Crazylife1994
by on May. 4, 2014 at 9:47 PM

Here are a few sites that can help out with money for now. It probally won't be enough for everything but every penny counts until you can find work again.

swagbucks.com. treasuretroopers.com, ipoll.com, and there are several other survey sites that pay in cash or gift cards.

I would also suggest looking into pizza delivery as well. It can be pretty decent money to help out as well.

I can help you with the ins and outs of swagbucks as well.

I have a few other things as well that can help out. Just PM and I can send you links.

These sites don't count for actual income.

Jkia1boy
by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:25 PM

Quoting Crazylife1994:

Here are a few sites that can help out with money for now. It probally won't be enough for everything but every penny counts until you can find work again.

swagbucks.com. treasuretroopers.com, ipoll.com, and there are several other survey sites that pay in cash or gift cards.

I would also suggest looking into pizza delivery as well. It can be pretty decent money to help out as well.

I can help you with the ins and outs of swagbucks as well.

I have a few other things as well that can help out. Just PM and I can send you links.

These sites don't count for actual income.

Thank you for responding and giving me job links! :-)

I'm actually with Swag bucks, but it's been a while, so for whatever reason they cannot find me on there, so I am going to have to start ALL over again.  I never knew you can get money, I just use to get the $5 Dominos and Starbucks cards.  I will PM you... Thanks again...

ceciliam
by Cecilia on May. 5, 2014 at 12:52 PM

Sorry you are having a tough time. I hope you find a job soon.

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on May. 5, 2014 at 2:35 PM
Keep looking for another job. All you can do.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)