Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What should I do?!?(long)

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 9:35 PM
  • 4 Replies

Long story....my dad was married to another lady before my mom-he had a child with his first wife. They divorced and he got married to mom. Shortly into their marriage the other lady and her new husband came to dad and wanted the new hubby to adopt her daughter(my sister). Why my father agreed to this I will never know. I didn't know about her until I was about 11. The only reason I was told she was coming to visit. She cam to visit twice. I live in NC she live n Mississippi. I have not seen or heard from her since the second visit. Dad called her periodically. Mom hated her. A few weeks ago she extended a friend request on FB. I accepted without really looking at the name because I always accept. Tonight I was going through my FB and she was in the IM bar!!! I instantly sent her a message and made sure she was my sister. She was and she friended me on purpose. We chatted for a few minutes and it was a little awkward. But it was the usual first conversation. I also found out I have 2 grown nephews that I have never me tor even seen-I saw them on her page. I have a brother who I am re-establishing a relationship with but I have always wanted a sister. She is almost 10 years older then me and we don't know each other. I have always felt it should have been my decision to have or not have a relationship with her but I did not have that opportunity. Mom really disliked her and did not want is to have anything to do with her. But now mom and dad are both gone. Should I try to form a relationship with her? Or should I just end it now? DH said it was my decision but I am not sure. It had\s been a really amotional few weeks with mom passing away and then finding my sister again.  I just don't know what to do!

by on May. 4, 2014 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
christina122952
by on May. 4, 2014 at 9:38 PM
He is right it is your decision and you do feel what is right.
TheMommyTaxi
by on May. 4, 2014 at 9:41 PM

If you'd like a relationship with her, what is stopping you?  Your mother has passed and her reasons for disliking a child that had no choice about being born were her own.  If you wish to forge that bond, I think you should.  Blood is blood.

Crazylife1994
by on May. 4, 2014 at 9:41 PM

It is your decision and if you want a relationship with her then hae one. I have a relationship with My Bio-Father's family and my mom hetes them with everything she has.

BeccaWooten
by on May. 4, 2014 at 9:48 PM
My dad has another son that he never mentioned to me or my brother. My dad passed away in October ans I have been searching for my dad other son. My mom told me about it while my dad was in super bad health so I never got the chance to ask him about the other kid. I agree it should be your choice if you want to try to form a relationship but if I were you and just imo i would try to have a relationship with her
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)