Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do you put in a diaper bag?

Posted by on May. 9, 2014 at 4:51 PM
  • 39 Replies
I am clueless and need help
by on May. 9, 2014 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on May. 9, 2014 at 5:06 PM
A clean washcloth .Diapers diapef rash cream wipes small bags to put soiled diapers in. Complete change of clothes for baby. Bib's formula(if you use it) clean bottle and a bottled water so you can mix the formula. Jar food and spoon if baby is old enough for it. Rattle or book blanket. I always kept a small plastic container. with $5 in quarters and a $20 .Just in case.
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on May. 9, 2014 at 5:08 PM

Nothing.  Never used one.  Hated them.  Only used a larger purse and carried the minimum amount of crap.  Depending on how long I was gonna be gone, a bottle in a case to keep it cold, diapers and wipes.  One toy maybe or toys in the car depending on the age of the kid. 

bamamommy2009
by on May. 9, 2014 at 5:11 PM

new born to about 12 months- blanket, spare clothes, five diapers, an extra bottle, and extra formula{if you are not breast feeding} powder or destin, wipes, binkie if the baby even takes one-this is a quick trip bag- I am not big on taking the kitchen sink. from 12 months forward, diaper, wipes, sippy cup, and a snack in purse and go. my kids are two and four so i keep spare clothes in the car, have them bring their own cup and keep a few pull ups in the car incase we need them{youngest is potty trianing and doing pretty well:} but come fall ill be going back to using a diaper bag for another year :)

christina122952
by on May. 9, 2014 at 5:11 PM
Thanks

Quoting lucky2Beeme: A clean washcloth .Diapers diapef rash cream wipes small bags to put soiled diapers in. Complete change of clothes for baby. Bib's formula(if you use it) clean bottle and a bottled water so you can mix the formula. Jar food and spoon if baby is old enough for it. Rattle or book blanket. I always kept a small plastic container. with $5 in quarters and a $20 .Just in case.
christina122952
by on May. 9, 2014 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks

Quoting bamamommy2009:

new born to about 12 months- blanket, spare clothes, five diapers, an extra bottle, and extra formula{if you are not breast feeding} powder or destin, wipes, binkie if the baby even takes one-this is a quick trip bag- I am not big on taking the kitchen sink. from 12 months forward, diaper, wipes, sippy cup, and a snack in purse and go. my kids are two and four so i keep spare clothes in the car, have them bring their own cup and keep a few pull ups in the car incase we need them{youngest is potty trianing and doing pretty well:} but come fall ill be going back to using a diaper bag for another year :)

lilmama8408
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2014 at 5:13 PM
I never really used them just used a bigger purse. But we never go anyway for long periods of time until kids are older unless it's 100% unavoidable.

But things like....
Diapers
Wipes
Pacifiers if used
Diaper powder or cream
Extra outfit or two
Booger sucker
Baby Tylenol
Blanket
Breast pads
Bottles if used
polkaspots
by on May. 9, 2014 at 5:13 PM
Diapers, wipes, extra wipes for messes, extra clothes, water, snacks, and toys. I usually also carry extra gloves during the winter times, an extra sun hat in the summer... Things like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
themaurer7
by Member on May. 9, 2014 at 5:14 PM
How old? Bf or bottle?
christina122952
by on May. 9, 2014 at 5:15 PM
Ok

Quoting lilmama8408: I never really used them just used a bigger purse. But we never go anyway for long periods of time until kids are older unless it's 100% unavoidable.

But things like....
Diapers
Wipes
Pacifiers if used
Diaper powder or cream
Extra outfit or two
Booger sucker
Baby Tylenol
Blanket
Breast pads
Bottles if used
christina122952
by on May. 9, 2014 at 5:15 PM
8 months and bottle

Quoting themaurer7: How old? Bf or bottle?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)