Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

what if there was a military draft and your son got drafted?

Posted by on May. 10, 2014 at 12:52 AM
  • 49 Replies

how would you feel? A draft affects 20 year old primarily

would it depend on the type of war? Would a WW2 type war make you feel differently than a Vietnam type war?

what if women became included? Would you feel the same way?

by on May. 10, 2014 at 12:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
booaura
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2014 at 12:53 AM
2 moms liked this
We would move. The military isn't acceptable, either as a choice or to be drafted into.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
schatzi869
by Member on May. 10, 2014 at 1:01 AM
2 moms liked this
I do not think women should be drafted. They are needed to care for children, elderly, the sick, and to keep our country going. If my son was drafted in a war, I would be sad but supportive. My grandpa was drafted in the Korean War, as was one of his brothers. His other brother fought in WWII. My cousin is a veteran. My other cousin's husband is in the army. My family on my grandpa's side can be traced back to the militias that fought in the Revolutionary War. I feel honored to have such brave soldiers in our lineage.

My other grandpa, uncle, and godfather were in the Navy.
okpondlady
by on May. 10, 2014 at 1:03 AM
2 moms liked this

I would expect my son to sign up without being drafted.  In our family that is what we do.  My oldest DD wants to join the Marines when she graduates from the University she is attending.   More power to her!!!  I hope she does!  Military service is a tradition in our family going back to the Revolutionary War.  

TANSTAAFL- There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

okpondlady
by on May. 10, 2014 at 1:06 AM

I seriously doubt there will ever be a draft for women in the US.   I don't think there would be enough support from the general public for it to ever take place.  It is hard enough for us to see our fathers, brothers, and sons coming back maimed or dead.  Like the above poster said, women are needed at home to take care of children and keep the home front going.  Rosie the Riveter and all that!!!!

TANSTAAFL- There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

Mrs.Urquhart
by Member on May. 10, 2014 at 1:10 AM
2 moms liked this
Women will never be drafted because they have uteruses. Literally.

Imagine the shitstorm a pregnant soldier killed in action would cause.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SexyTeacher
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2014 at 1:12 AM

All men have to sign up for selective service at age 18. I think it should be a requirement tor women too. My dad and DH''s father were both in danger of having to go to Vietnam. But my dad had to have kidney surgery and then had only 1 kidney and DH's had 2 young sons(both were under 4) to raise by himself.

dockyswifey
by on May. 10, 2014 at 1:16 AM
Uuumm you do realize us women are deployed right now?

I was deployed twice once to afghan and once to Iraq. I knew a few females that got pregnant while deployed.

And right now the military is in the process of training females to be in the infantry.

Quoting Mrs.Urquhart: Women will never be drafted because they have uteruses. Literally.

dockyswifey
by on May. 10, 2014 at 1:20 AM
DS wants to be a Marine like Daddy. So I wouldn't have to worry about him getting drafted. He's going in on his own free will.

And I'm sure by the time DD is old enough and there is a draft they will be drafting females.
christina122952
by on May. 10, 2014 at 1:25 AM
I would be scared, my son is 12 yrs old even though he does live with me. It would be his choice.
Misstearia
by on May. 10, 2014 at 1:25 AM
2 moms liked this
Lol I like the way you put it. To put it another way, women will never be drafted because more women are needed in a "rebuild the population" scenario than men. One man can impregnate multiple women, so fewer are needed to ensure survival of the species.

Quoting Mrs.Urquhart: Women will never be drafted because they have uteruses. Literally.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)