Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Things needed for second baby

Posted by on May. 10, 2014 at 11:27 AM
  • 19 Replies
Hey everyone I'm currently expecting a girl this august and I have a 16month old son..they will be 20 months apart. I'm just wondering if anyone has kids close and what they needed for the new baby.. Thanks
by on May. 10, 2014 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
booaura
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2014 at 11:30 AM
I have a 4 and 2 year old and an almost 4 month old. Boy, boy, girl. For dd, we just bought girl clothes, a new car seat. That was it.
DACIA79
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2014 at 12:03 PM
My oldest two boys are 1 year apart I also have a 7 month old son Connor and I am expecting a baby in January.

A double stroller was a must have for me. A car seat of course was a must. I have all boys so it honestly wasn't much to buy.

My biggest issue was keeping the older child occupied if I could do it all over I would have found more ways to keep him busy jealousy was a issue.
amonkeymom
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2014 at 3:44 PM

Congratulations!

If your son is still in a crib, you might want a second one, or you might want a basinet/cradle for your little girl until she's ready for the crib and your son is ready for a toddler bed.  Otherwise, I'd just make sure you have a good car seat, clothes and maybe a double stroller.  I don't think you need much else.

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on May. 10, 2014 at 5:02 PM
Clothes, blankets, etc. Our second and third will be 22 months apart. I kept the car seat and stroller.
Ktmreggio
by New Member on May. 10, 2014 at 5:51 PM
Thanks everyone I'm thinking I'm gonna invest in a good carrier so I can baby wear while chasing my toddler around..I have a car seat and will be getting a double stroller and I have a bassinet
DACIA79
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2014 at 5:53 PM

Check this stroller out on Amazon.com you can reverse the seats.

Contours Options LT Tandem Stroller

Quoting Ktmreggio: Thanks everyone I'm thinking I'm gonna invest in a good carrier so I can baby wear while chasing my toddler around..I have a car seat and will be getting a double stroller and I have a bassinet

Contours Options LT Tandem Stroller, Valencia Gold

Malibudreamin
by on May. 10, 2014 at 9:23 PM

You already have a child. You know what you need. My kids were 18 months and 23 months apart.

vamaria
by Member on May. 10, 2014 at 9:44 PM

I was going to suggest a baby carrier. It will make a world of difference.

Also, check Pinterest ideas for busy bags for toddlers. Having special bags to play with when the baby is fussy or nursing full time can help reduce jealousy.

Ktmreggio
by New Member on May. 10, 2014 at 10:23 PM
Do u have any suggestions as far as baby carriers? I def plan on having busy bags for when I'm nursing special toys, books ,etc..

Quoting vamaria:

I was going to suggest a baby carrier. It will make a world of difference.

Also, check Pinterest ideas for busy bags for toddlers. Having special bags to play with when the baby is fussy or nursing full time can help reduce jealousy.

Crazylife1994
by on May. 10, 2014 at 10:53 PM

We just bought clothes, a car seat, and a new high chair.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)