Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

new foods

Posted by on May. 13, 2014 at 6:39 PM
  • 24 Replies
Hi there everyone! My son will be 8 months old on the 27th and I was told I can introduce more foods now. Pretty much anything we eat but I am scared to death about choking and stuff. (I've lost three children to miscarriage and he is my first child) what are some food u encourage for new foods? Avocado, eggs, mashed potatoes? Thanks everyone
by on May. 13, 2014 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2014 at 6:44 PM
2 moms liked this

What ever you offer him, make sure it is smaller than a dime.  Peas are a good finger food as well as cheerios.  Eggs could be a good thing to try.   I personally would concentrate more on green veggies and other color veggies rather than protien.  You can make sweet potato fries or carrot fries in the oven.  Which foods have you tried so far?

**ETA**   If you have not already, taking cpr and first aid classes would help your confidence in keeping the child safe.  Infant/child cpr is very different from adult cpr.

lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2014 at 6:52 PM

anything you eat. chopped up or softened. NO Peanut butter no honey. Go veggies and fruits, esp ones he can pick up on his own. blue berries cut strawberries, sweet potato~ mashed ot cut into pieces, bananas, peas, cooked carrots, soft pears cut up.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2014 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this

He can eat small pieces of about anything.  No need to mash it up any longer.  Have to learn to not have so much anxiety. 

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on May. 13, 2014 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this

We did baby led solids with my little guy who has SEVERE eating issues due to medical stuff. 
ANyway, he will pick stuff up off of my plate and put it in his mouth. If he doesn't think he can swallow it, or it doesn't mush up enough he will pull it out of his mouth and either, give it to me...try to feed it to me, or put it back into his mouth to try to moosh it up further.
I have a ton of friends who do BLS and they ahve never had a child choke.  

Mommy2justone
by Mommy2justtwo on May. 13, 2014 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group, btw!

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on May. 13, 2014 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this
We have always just offered food we are eating.
carrie618
by New Member on May. 14, 2014 at 3:58 AM
Thank you all I will try some of these ideas this week:) I tried potatoes mashed up and he went to town lol I will cut things up now too
booaura
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2014 at 4:01 AM
1 mom liked this
You can just give him whatever you've made for you and your husband.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carrie618
by New Member on May. 14, 2014 at 7:50 AM
How about meats? Chicken?
ceciliam
by Cecilia on May. 14, 2014 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this

You can do this just cute up the pieces really small.

Quoting carrie618: How about meats? Chicken?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN