Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Sighs...

Posted by on May. 14, 2014 at 7:58 PM
  • 7 Replies
I have a 2 year old who doesn't always want to eat. It feels like each meal time is a challenge. He doesn't talk that well so he can't exactly tell me what he wants to eat or doesn't eat. So it's a guessing game. It frustrates me to no end when he doesn't eat. Especially at dinner time because the longer he waits to eat the later it gets and I fear putting him to bed not knowing if he's hungry. This has to be the most stressful on me. I don't know what to do or how to handle it. Is there any other mom's out there that go through the same thing with there toddlers. And how do u deal with it
by on May. 14, 2014 at 7:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2014 at 8:01 PM

I promise you he's not going to die of starvation, just put a few things on his plate, same thing you're having, if he eats he eats if he doesn't too bad. Don't turn yourself into a short order cook mama, I learned that the hard way!

sheymann
by on May. 14, 2014 at 8:23 PM

DD is 2 and has hit a phase where she just doesn't eat much. I just open the fridge/pantry and let her pick what she wants to eat. I try and make sure she eats fairly balanced, but some days that just doesn't happen. He should let you know when he's hungry.

nina8609
by Member on May. 14, 2014 at 11:57 PM
Thank you so much
a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2014 at 12:35 AM
It is a phase. Just offer meals. I wouldn't get I to the habit of tons of snacks to accommodate or making special things but that's just me
funhappymom
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2014 at 7:01 AM

Quoting a_and_j_momma: It is a phase. Just offer meals. I wouldn't get I to the habit of tons of snacks to accommodate or making special things but that's just me

I agree with this but my husband is the opposite and will try to accomdate to whatever the kids want.

beadingmom17
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2014 at 7:05 AM
Toddlers usually prefer grazing to sitting down and eating a meal. I'd make sure he had access to healthy snacks through the day and just give him a smaller version of your meals at meal times.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on May. 15, 2014 at 8:41 AM
Sounds like a typical toddler. As my ped put it, " toddlers cod survive on dirt, water, and air!"
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)