Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it wrong?

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:36 PM
  • 12 Replies

My great aunt will be in my hometown for my brothers graduation. Her brother (my grandfather) recently died and she lives out of state so I would like to spend some extra time with her. I was thinking about going down a day early so I can get some extra time with her, esp since I have a week off. 

Would it be wrong of me to do this? My husband is taking a half day at work so he can drive down and not miss the grad (we originally were going to drive down together).

The original plan was to drive down Friday afternoon and leave Saturday afternoon (i have some errands to run down there in the AM so its not like I'll be spending time with her then). 

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
britney678
by Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:53 PM
3 moms liked this
Why would it be wrong?
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:53 PM
No
byandby88
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:56 PM
Ok, because I felt bad because my husband had the understanding that we would drive the 2 hours down there together.
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:08 PM

Did you talk to him about wanting to go down early to visit with her before the graduation?

a_and_j_momma
by Platinum Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 12:01 AM

No

SweetBabySmell
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 9:31 AM

I don't think it's wrong at all to want to spend time with your great-aunt. I do think it would be wrong not to discuss this with your dh and letting him know how what you're thinking of doing before talking to great-aunt about your plans.

Memere60
by Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 11:05 AM

I don't see anything wrong with that. I think it's sweet. Just tell your hubby you want to do that. Mine would be fine with it (but I couldn't do it, because I can't drive that far). Or go together, and you could spend some alone time with her, and let your husband chill out and relax! Have fun :)happy

SlightlyPerfect
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 6:40 PM
Do it. Who knows how much more time you two have together.
BigTsMommy
by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 8:58 AM
Sweet! Go... family time means everything!
Chessie222
by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 11:49 AM
Not wrong at all. A very good idea actually. Your DH should understand.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)