Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child health insurance

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:59 PM
  • 7 Replies
I have a court order that my ex husband is to pay health insurance for my son but he doesn't. I would like to take him back to court but it's over 1000 dollars to retain a lawyer. Any suggestions on what I can do?
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:07 PM

Have you tried through your state to gain the child insurance? Does it cost money to report the fact he has not followed the court order?

brieri
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:31 PM

Contact the Health Insurance directly, getting their information for address or fax number.  Let them know you are faxing or mailing a copy of your court order higlighting who is to pay for the insurance.  Be sure to include your ex's address and phone number They  then should send the bill to him.  .

Judyb41
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:02 PM
Wow u seriously think that would work

Quoting brieri:

Contact the Health Insurance directly, getting their information for address or fax number.  Let them know you are faxing or mailing a copy of your court order higlighting who is to pay for the insurance.  Be sure to include your ex's address and phone number They  then should send the bill to him.  .

emarin77
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:10 PM

Since the court is stating that your ex should pay for helath insurance I would ask that the court to give you a court appointed or pro bono attorney (I'm not sure what the correct term is used for free lawyers).

a_and_j_momma
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:20 PM

I would take him without an attorney

OHgirlinCA
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Since you already have a court order in place, you should feel comfortable going to court without a lawyer.

brieri
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:39 PM

If it states in the court order,  he is to pay for it, and you haven't submitted to the Insurance company, they sure aren't  going to care who pays for it.  If you submit  the court order to them, yes, they will take care of it.  It doesn't necessarily, mean he will pay it, but when you take your child to the drs and you find an overlap, they will go after him. With no court order in the files they don't care who pays it. 

Quoting Judyb41: Wow u seriously think that would work
Quoting brieri:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)