Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Ask the Expert: All About Finances - Updated with Winner!

Posted by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 10:30 AM
  • 111 Replies
1 mom liked this

Thanks to all of you for the awesome questions!  Click here for Laura's answers. Join me in congratulating janessa27 on winning the gift card!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Need some tips on planning for your family's financial future?

From advice on creating (and sticking to) a budget, to choosing the right amount of life insurance or the perfect retirement plan, our expert is here to help!

Laura D. Adams - aka Money Girl - is a personal finance expert and the author of Money Girl’s Smart Moves to Grow Rich.  In addition to hosting the top-rated Money Girl podcast, Laura is a writer, speaker, and spokesperson. She has a passion for making money easy to understand. Millions of loyal listeners, readers, and students benefit from her advice. You can learn more about Laura here.

Ask Laura your questions today and you'll be entered to win a $50 American Express® gift card.  One lucky mom will be chosen at random.  Check back later this month for Laura's answers.

Thanks for joining us, Laura!

Giveaway rules:

• The Ask the Expert giveaway starts 6/5/14 at 9 am (ET) and ends 6/13/14 at 9 am (ET) (the "Giveaway Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
  • Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning.
  • One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a $50 American Express® gift card.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 7/14/14.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.
by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 10:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Clementine917
by New Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 5:11 PM

What is the best way to conquer credit card debt? I just got a 0% interest card and it's really helped to motivate me.

Clementine917
by New Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 5:12 PM

What's your best advice to 'make your money work for you'? Stocks? other investments?

elasmimi
by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 6:52 PM

How do you feel about allowances for kids? Tied to chores or not?

elasmimi
by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 6:55 PM

What is a good budget to aim for for a family of 3 for groceries weekly? No special food allergies, but 2 diabetics in the family.

lilwolfie
by New Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 10:22 PM
What would be the best way to budget for a month of food for two people at $100 per person?
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Jun. 5, 2014 at 11:43 PM

Hello! I am just not sure how much money we will really be needing ot save for retirement.  Right now it is just what DH's work takes out that is being saved but I think it needs to be more but I don't know how much. 

Bob192
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 12:41 AM

What inspired you to teach people about money?

Bob192
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 12:42 AM

What tips do you have for teaching kiddos about money?

Bob192
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 12:42 AM

How do you decide how much life insurance to buy?

mrswillie
by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 7:24 AM
Whatbis a reasonable amount of rent for a high school grad living at home?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)