Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Crib still or toddler bed?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 8:56 AM
  • 11 Replies
I've never dealt with this issue, because my other kids co-slept until they were ready for a toddler bed. My 18 month old sleeps in a crib at the foot of my bed though. Saturday she climbed up and tried to get out and fell in the floor. Yesterday she got up but didn't try to climb all the way out. This morning she did the same thing. I'm thinking it's time to turn her crib into a toddler bed. What would you do?
by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Retrokitty
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this
The general rule is once they climb out it's time for a toddler bed .
Reese2010727
by Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 9:40 AM
This!

Quoting Retrokitty: The general rule is once they climb out it's time for a toddler bed .
BeccaWooten
by Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 9:42 AM
My kids were roughly 12-18 months when we switched to a toddler bed then switched to twin beds at 2. Ds is a big kids he needed more room to stretch out. He was waking up several times a night because there just wasn't enough room for him to move around. If I did it all over again I would bypass the toddler bed and just get a very low twin bed.
waytomanykids10
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 9:51 AM
We skip the toddler bed and go straight to a twin bed with a rail. All my kids were around 18 months old. We just took the time to teach them how to get off without falling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-PB
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:12 AM

I did this too.  Twin with a rail.  If you are concerned about nightime wondering about the house put a baby gate up to keep her in the bedroom.  You can get a bed frame that sits a bit lower to the ground and just teach her how to climb out of bed without falling.

Quoting waytomanykids10: We skip the toddler bed and go straight to a twin bed with a rail. All my kids were around 18 months old. We just took the time to teach them how to get off without falling.

Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:52 AM

I agree. The crib doesn't seem to be effective in keeping her confined, so time for a toddler bed.

emarin77
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Once a child can climb out of the crib, time for toddler or reguler bed.  Cribs are big safety problems if a child can climb out.

MamiJaAyla
by Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:28 PM

yeah.  the min. they are climbing out its time.  

aweck85
by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 5:43 PM

Yeah time for a toddler bed but just make sure locks on doors. Good luck.

firecat8301
by Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 9:03 PM

Time for a toddler bed.  Im like some of the other moms.  I went  from the crib staright to a twin bed with a rail. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)