Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

What is your last big unexpected expense?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:49 PM
  • 306 Replies

We had a car repair that ran over $1000.  What was your last unexpected big expense?

by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
justcyarra
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this
4 new tires for the car
nerdymom28
by Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:51 PM

I just finished paying off a deductible for repairs on our car. I got in my first accident a few months ago and had to get several thousand dollars of work done to repair it. I think the total was around 6 grand.

LDavis33
by Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:53 PM

Emergency vet bill for close to $300.  DH was cutting burrs out of our puppys fur and he accidentally cut her.  We called the vet, who met DH at his office after hours and stitched her up.  

Kellileanne
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:53 PM
Laptop replacement. I was standing there in shock looking at everything. Finally decided on a tablet and keyboard to go with it (the next updated one had come out so I got it discounted).
AnnieGoolaheey
by Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:54 PM
Having our sewer line pumped.
KREX0914
by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:59 PM

Divorce. To the tune of a $960 filing fee. Right after a car repair of $3,600

kmencl3210
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this
New van for me :/ the transmission went in my old van out of no where, wed been told the fluid was probably low and we needed to change all the fluid and what not in it... Did that and 4 months later it basically went out completely. The cost to get a new one and have it put in (even getting a discount cause we knew the people) wasnt worth it since I had also been getting ready to have brakes fixed and needed new tires and something else :/
New van was $6k but its soooo worth it lol. I love it, were still paying for it but its great so were willing to deal with having another payment.
Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:10 PM

*nodding* :(

Quoting justcyarra: 4 new tires for the car

Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:11 PM

Oh no!!!  I hope no one was hurt.

Quoting nerdymom28:

I just finished paying off a deductible for repairs on our car. I got in my first accident a few months ago and had to get several thousand dollars of work done to repair it. I think the total was around 6 grand.

Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:12 PM

Oh gosh, poor pup! And your husband must have been devastated. :(  Thank goodness your vet would see him after hours, ours won't. :(

Quoting LDavis33:

Emergency vet bill for close to $300.  DH was cutting burrs out of our puppys fur and he accidentally cut her.  We called the vet, who met DH at his office after hours and stitched her up.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN