Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Am I under paid?

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 12:11 AM
  • 38 Replies
My boyfriend thinks I am, personally I love my job. I make $12 as a receptionist for an independent optometrist. What do you think?
by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 12:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
booaura
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 12:13 AM
What kind of job experience or education do you have?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3xangel
by Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 12:13 AM
$10-12 sounds about right for a receptionist.
aflekool427
by Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 12:23 AM
I had none. I was the asst, offered the gm position, of a fast food place. I have my GED and am in college. I walked in to hand in my resume and introduce myself and he hired me on the spot. I'm just so damn grateful I don't even care what I make! I may be poor, but actually liking your job does wonders for quality of life.

Quoting booaura: What kind of job experience or education do you have?
jackiewal10
by Gold Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 12:26 AM

You are actually probably lucky to be making $12/hr., TBH. With no education or experience.

Quoting aflekool427: I had none. I was the asst, offered the gm position, of a fast food place. I have my GED and am in college. I walked in to hand in my resume and introduce myself and he hired me on the spot. I'm just so damn grateful I don't even care what I make! I may be poor, but actually liking your job does wonders for quality of life.

booaura
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 12:34 AM
You're lucky to be making that much. Explain to your boyfriend that no job experience and no education usually means min wage if you're lucky. You're making quite a bit with that kind of resume.

Quoting aflekool427: I had none. I was the asst, offered the gm position, of a fast food place. I have my GED and am in college. I walked in to hand in my resume and introduce myself and he hired me on the spot. I'm just so damn grateful I don't even care what I make! I may be poor, but actually liking your job does wonders for quality of life.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aflekool427
by Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 12:35 AM
Well, I was offered to run a store at 23, so even if it's not experience with what I'm doing I think that helped to show how capable I am. But I do feel lucky. I know Mn is one of the higher cost in living states though, so I'm sure that plays a part.

Quoting jackiewal10:

You are actually probably lucky to be making $12/hr., TBH. With no education or experience.

aflekool427
by Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 12:41 AM
I feel like what I make is fair, not overpaid at all though. Receptionists always make well over min. What state do you live in? If you don't mind me asking that is. The average is here is like $14, but he's I depends so I feel it's different. My boyfriends gripe is that he has made about 1/3 more since I've been there, so he thinks I should make more. I'm just happy to like my job for once, even if I do make less.

Quoting booaura: You're lucky to be making that much. Explain to your boyfriend that no job experience and no education usually means min wage if you're lucky. You're making quite a bit with that kind of resume.

a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 12:49 AM
How long have you worked there? Where do you live?
aflekool427
by Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 12:51 AM
About 10 months.I live in Mn.

Quoting a_and_j_momma: How long have you worked there? Where do you live?
a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 2:06 AM
It sounds like you are paid fairly

Quoting aflekool427: About 10 months.I live in Mn.

Quoting a_and_j_momma: How long have you worked there? Where do you live?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)