Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Marriage?

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 3:33 AM
  • 11 Replies
Is it important to you? Do you think you should be married prior to sex or kids?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 3:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
booaura
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 3:34 AM
No. It's a piece of paper. No, I don't. You should have sex when you think you are ready and you want to. Same for kids. Marriage is irrelevant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina122952
by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 3:43 AM
No, I have been my bf for 3 yrs and we have a 9 month old daughter together.
offrdngal
by Terri on Jun. 11, 2014 at 6:47 AM
Marriage has it's importance. I don't believe marriage should come before sex/kids.
harmony7
by Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this

wink mini Traditional conservative here...marriage then babies

My kids would be is so much trouble with momma if they did it any other way lol  ;)....thankfully no one lives with anyone ...not saying they dont have sex, half of them are adults I am not naive and since I dont want to know I dont ask...but we have had no grand babies until the "piece of paper" either.

Pam in Alabama
A Mom to nine sons and one daughter with five still at home
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jun. 11, 2014 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I think ideations are changing all the time.

We had a child before we married. Yet I stress to the kids all the time they should go to school, go to college, marry, then children. I don't want them to wast the years that I did in addiction and recovery.

Ya, I think it's important for US, Idc what others do. Or even if my kids do. It helps us be bonded in legal things like edical decisions and such, and we're proud to be married. 

I used to think it was just paper but I understand it different now.

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Jun. 11, 2014 at 11:28 AM

Marriage was/is important to me. Sex and kids before marriage is a personal choice. We did not wait until we were married to have sex but we did wait to have kids.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 12:13 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes and yes to kids.  Sex should wait until you are sure you are with someone long term, not casual sex.

Married almost 30 years and almost 7 before kids. 

emarin77
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 12:39 PM

Having a kid after was important for me.

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Jun. 11, 2014 at 1:16 PM
In my house: marriage then babies. We are traditional though. Marriage has built in protections. Most of all my children were born into our marriage and I love it!
1squishysmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 1:30 PM

We have been married for nearly 23 years. It was important to my husband, more so than me. I would have been perfectly happy being just as we are without the marriage certificate. It wouldn't have changed how we feel about each other. As far as children, our 18yo and 21yo think it's odd (jokingly) that their bio parents have been married since before they were born. Not too common, I guess.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN