Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NEED ADVICE? Tips on Pregnancy, Toddlers, Relationships, Money, Military Life, and More...

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 4:40 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this
by on Aug. 25, 2014 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deizy30
by New Member on Aug. 26, 2015 at 3:46 PM

ihi my name is desiree..

i need advice about homeschooling.. my 14 yr old is a freshman .. she doesnt want to attend public school any more.. my daughter suffers from depression and gets very nervous around a lot of people...  i believe i made the wrong choice putting her in public school.. she has a learning disability also and i am worried that she is going to fall into a deeper depression.. she has a checmical inbalance and i feel that she would benefit from he one on one teaching that online provides.. do you moms out there have any advice.. we live in texas ad i have always hear the highscholls over here are extremely hard... if any of you know of a public online school please share with me.. i could use  all the advice.. thanks!

*please no rude comments..

Cafe Steph
by Group Admin on Sep. 2, 2015 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi Desiree! You should also check out our Homeschooling Moms group - they've got tons of great info to help you get started, including links to various resources in Texas.

Quoting deizy30:

ihi my name is desiree..

i need advice about homeschooling.. my 14 yr old is a freshman .. she doesnt want to attend public school any more.. my daughter suffers from depression and gets very nervous around a lot of people...  i believe i made the wrong choice putting her in public school.. she has a learning disability also and i am worried that she is going to fall into a deeper depression.. she has a checmical inbalance and i feel that she would benefit from he one on one teaching that online provides.. do you moms out there have any advice.. we live in texas ad i have always hear the highscholls over here are extremely hard... if any of you know of a public online school please share with me.. i could use  all the advice.. thanks!

*please no rude comments..

momofone1406
by New Member on Sep. 24, 2015 at 12:57 AM

I am in need of advice or suggestions or something. I have a 9 year old son who just started 4th grade a month ago. We moved to a new state back in june right after he finished 3rd grade. The friends he had in 3rd grade are all kids he has known since preschool. Now that he is in a new place and a new school, he seems to have trouble fitting in. He gets along with everyone but the kids here are different than what he is used to. They are all bigger than him, he is smarter than most of them(their 3rd grade math review is stuff he did in 2nd grade). He has had issueswith talking in class since kindergarten, but now it seems that he is trying to fit in with the kids here, so he talks in class when he shouldn't be. I had a long discussion with him about this and he only has one or two friends in class. I am not sure how to help him adjust to the major changes and I feel really bad, like I've failed him, for taking him away from his friends. He was excited about making this move because it put us closer to all the rest of our family. He has both his grandparents now and his aunt and uncle but I still feel guilty about making this move happen. I am not sure what to do. Please Help.

Ashlee

Cafe AmyB
by Head Admin on Sep. 30, 2015 at 3:02 PM

Hi Ashlee,

Welcome to the group! Although I don't have any experience with moving while having a child in elementary school, I hope you will check out the Elementary School Kids group where you are sure to get some advice and encouragement. There are a great group of ladies there.

Quoting momofone1406:

I am in need of advice or suggestions or something. I have a 9 year old son who just started 4th grade a month ago. We moved to a new state back in june right after he finished 3rd grade. The friends he had in 3rd grade are all kids he has known since preschool. Now that he is in a new place and a new school, he seems to have trouble fitting in. He gets along with everyone but the kids here are different than what he is used to. They are all bigger than him, he is smarter than most of them(their 3rd grade math review is stuff he did in 2nd grade). He has had issueswith talking in class since kindergarten, but now it seems that he is trying to fit in with the kids here, so he talks in class when he shouldn't be. I had a long discussion with him about this and he only has one or two friends in class. I am not sure how to help him adjust to the major changes and I feel really bad, like I've failed him, for taking him away from his friends. He was excited about making this move because it put us closer to all the rest of our family. He has both his grandparents now and his aunt and uncle but I still feel guilty about making this move happen. I am not sure what to do. Please Help.

Ashlee

Hillmom27
by New Member on Feb. 3, 2016 at 10:04 PM
I desperately need advice on how to fix/work on I guess talking to husband!I dnt know what to do anymore. Me and hubby keep fighting about everything and anything even if it's really stupid. He wants me to try an talk to him but in my mind I feel I can't cause all he'll do is turn around and say this was my fault or that was your fault. That gets old after 9 years of him saying everything is my fault and nothing is his. I fully understand that I have a bad attitude and it's gotten worse in the last few months but he has changed even more then too. Any advice would be much appreciated. Cause we are on the verge of getting a divorce,which I do NOT want at all.
My3Angels2016
by New Member on Mar. 10, 2016 at 10:00 AM

I have a 17 month old toddler and 2 month old twins, all of which are girls.  When I am feeding the twins, I put a blanket or a sweater to hold their bottle to their mouth which frees up my hands to take care of other things.  I worry that this may be a suffocation hazard for them especially if I walk away from them.  They stay in their car seats when they are feeding.  Please help.  I am very concerned.

incarnita
by on Apr. 12, 2016 at 12:03 AM

My brother wants to divorce his wife but he first wants to get is name off of her insurance of her car but she wont sign is there something he can do? She wont sign the divorce paper either , She moved out of the house and eveytime my brother calls her to sign paper she either doesn't show up  or she show up drunk as a skunk  My brother doen't understand why she wont give him the divorce she s already going out with a druggy and thinks she drugging herself as well. Both their lawyers talked and said she is sick in the head. She already has a court date for duys and accidents she was in while she was drunk..  Is there something my brother can do to get his divorce going? Hope some one on here can give him some sort of help. Thanks in advance'

My brother

SweetLuci
by Platinum Member on Apr. 24, 2016 at 9:37 AM

post this down in the main forum and more people will see it and hopefully have some ideas.

Quoting incarnita:

My brother wants to divorce his wife but he first wants to get is name off of her insurance of her car but she wont sign is there something he can do? She wont sign the divorce paper either , She moved out of the house and eveytime my brother calls her to sign paper she either doesn't show up  or she show up drunk as a skunk  My brother doen't understand why she wont give him the divorce she s already going out with a druggy and thinks she drugging herself as well. Both their lawyers talked and said she is sick in the head. She already has a court date for duys and accidents she was in while she was drunk..  Is there something my brother can do to get his divorce going? Hope some one on here can give him some sort of help. Thanks in advance'

My brother

Bmat
by Barb on May. 22, 2016 at 6:56 PM

Hello!

If you'll copy and paste your concern in a new post, there is a better chance that more moms will see it and reply.

I am sorry you are going through this. Marriage counseling seems definitely a good idea.

When you talk with your husband there are some rules about arguing that you both should follow. A counselor should help you with these. Among them are only discuss the one topic, don't dredge up past problems; no name calling; if you see it is going round and round, table and pick it up another time, don't blame the other person, state your side by saying "I am worried about.." or "I have been feeling anxious... "- make sure the other person feels it is your problem not theirs, otherwise the other person gets defensive and doesn't listen.

Quoting Hillmom27: I desperately need advice on how to fix/work on I guess talking to husband!I dnt know what to do anymore. Me and hubby keep fighting about everything and anything even if it's really stupid. He wants me to try an talk to him but in my mind I feel I can't cause all he'll do is turn around and say this was my fault or that was your fault. That gets old after 9 years of him saying everything is my fault and nothing is his. I fully understand that I have a bad attitude and it's gotten worse in the last few months but he has changed even more then too. Any advice would be much appreciated. Cause we are on the verge of getting a divorce,which I do NOT want at all.

Bmat
by Barb on May. 22, 2016 at 6:59 PM

If you'll put your question in a new post, more people will see it.

I agree with you that it seems like a possible suffocation hazard. They will be tiny for such a short time, let other stuff go and concentrate on your three little ones.

Here is a group that talks about babies, that you may also like to check out:

Quoting My3Angels2016:

I have a 17 month old toddler and 2 month old twins, all of which are girls.  When I am feeding the twins, I put a blanket or a sweater to hold their bottle to their mouth which frees up my hands to take care of other things.  I worry that this may be a suffocation hazard for them especially if I walk away from them.  They stay in their car seats when they are feeding.  Please help.  I am very concerned.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN