Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

To get a circumcision Or not?

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 2:08 PM
  • 492 Replies

I have done much research on circumcision and I am still up in the air. To moms that have or have  not  had circumcision why or why not have you made your choice. I just at this point don't see a need to do it.  my childs father on the other hand says I am being gross and wants to get it done.  I am pregnant right now just found out we are having a boy!

by on Jun. 11, 2014 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lonelymoon
by Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 2:18 PM
8 moms liked this
Both of my boys are not. I do not see a need for it. What reasons do your dh have for doing it? I personally think it's a form of abuse if you are not doing it for religious reasons. Would you want to be missing your clit?
Jenwheaton
by Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 2:37 PM

His reason is his other sons had it done and that the cleaning is gross and that he does not want to do that type of cleaning. But from what I have read the cleaning is not much diffenrent than cleaning a circumcised penis.  I really don't want to do it no other reason beside i just don't think it needed.

emmy526
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 2:44 PM
5 moms liked this

tell him it's self cleaning until they are about school age,(when it will retract on its own) and then the only thing that needs explaining by parents is proper hygiene and care - same as any other body part..my two boys are intact, no problems

Ilaynasmommy
by Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 2:54 PM
I had ds circed. It was simple and non painful. I made the decision after talking to men and hearing from women about men in their families.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaxons_momma12
by New Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

My son is circumsized. It was painful to know that I chose to put him through that kind of pain, but I know in the end it's going to be worth it and he'll thank me. It heals fast, and they won't remember it, a week from when its done. There are 3 reasons why I chose to do it. 1. It will help his self esteem in the future. and 2. It is easier to contract STDs with an uncircumsized penis, than it is with a circumsized. and 3. its easier to clean, and for him to clean when he gets older.

But do what makes you feel comfortable.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 2:55 PM

If I had boys I would have for sure.  I did have girls. 

Chelsey191
by Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 2:56 PM
14 moms liked this
I think you should get yourself circumsized and then decide. If you wouldn't do it to yourself then you probably shouldn't do it to your kid!
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Apples and oranges really.  I know some don't agree but it is.  Women can't function at all without it.  You can't have your opinion but I respectfully disagree. 

Quoting lonelymoon: Both of my boys are not. I do not see a need for it. What reasons do your dh have for doing it? I personally think it's a form of abuse if you are not doing it for religious reasons. Would you want to be missing your clit?

lonelymoon
by Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 3:42 PM
Actually, I can have my opinion. Is that what you meant? And why can't a woman function without?

Quoting atlmom2:

Apples and oranges really.  I know some don't agree but it is.  Women can't function at all without it.  You can't have your opinion but I respectfully disagree. 

Quoting lonelymoon: Both of my boys are not. I do not see a need for it. What reasons do your dh have for doing it? I personally think it's a form of abuse if you are not doing it for religious reasons. Would you want to be missing your clit?

lonelymoon
by Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 3:43 PM
What are your reasons? And don't say because it's cleaner, because it is not.

Quoting atlmom2:

If I had boys I would have for sure.  I did have girls. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)