Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

migraine help while pregnant

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 6:40 PM
  • 9 Replies
I went to bed with a headache, woke up throughout the night with a headache, woke up for work with a headache. During work it became a migraine. I tried Tylenol, extra water, a pop, olives (aunt told that, I think it's for the salt), while at work. Came home took a nap while I had ice on the back of my neck. I'm feeling a little relief but I think it's only because I haven't started moving around yet. I know if I still have a headache it will come back.

I'm 8 weeks and I have been eating a little less due to nausea, but overall eating pretty regularly.
by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 6:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Jun. 14, 2014 at 10:54 PM
It probably has to do with dehydration. Have you tried Gatorade? Hugs.
Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:13 PM

I usually try heat, although ice is what I hear recommended, as you have already done. Good luck!

Saharra
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:22 PM
Would a cup of some sort of caffeine bother you? That usually helps me with bad headaches. I know they don't want you taking huge amounts, but some would be ok. HUGS! I feel for you :(
beans13
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:25 PM
I had a lot of migraines around the 3-6 month mark. It was hard not being able to take my regular meds. Tylenol and ice are likely your best bet as you have been doing. That is all my dr recommended. It was a long 3 months. The actually got better towards the end and for about 6 months after dd was born though.
mamatink7
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:28 PM

try covering eyes with cool washrag 

babymed.com though suggests hot shower or warm compress, long naps in darker room

drink alot and make sure eat little something cause may go away naturally. 

tweety8
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 5:45 PM
Your hormones r changing b/c of being pregnant..That is tuff b/c what works for one person might not work for you...Your best bet is to speak with your OB.. He/She can probably prescribe something safe for u to take that will knock it out.. : )
Nimue930
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 6:55 PM

I had horrible migraines for the first few weeks of pregnancy.  Ugh.  You have my total empathy.  I took tylenol and a baby aspirin (not sure if that is still recommended tho), drank Gatorade, and put heat on the part of my head that hurt... Stayed in a dark room, and tried my hardest not to vomit.  Ugh Ugh Ugh...

sandykmac
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 7:19 PM

Rub peppermint oil on your temples and wrists.  It really does help.

addykarder19
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 8:16 PM
Thanks ladies!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN