Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms
Argh!! DS' (4) teacher sent him home with homework tonight. He was suppised to write A and a on one of those worksheet pages. I about pulled all my hair out trying to get him to do it. He kept saying "it's boring". I do not want to make him miserable over it and have him end up hating reading and writing but I also want him to understand he has to do work assigned to him. It does not help that I am slightly annoyed that we got an email yesterday saying all the kids need to be able to write their names by Fri in oder to get an ice cream sundae. Two days to encourage him to write his name? He is going to be heart broken tomorrow. I just feel they should have given us a couple weeks to work on this, not a couple days. *sigh*

Anyhow, any tips for encouraging a good homework ethic at this age without pushing him so hard that he ends up hating school?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 10:10 PM
Replies (11-11):
LoveMyBoyK
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 11:03 AM
He knows the alphabet and can identify the letters. I am guessing he will know how to write by the time he starts his last year of preschool.

Quoting atlmom2:

Most 4 year olds can write their name.  Mine learned all their alphabet in 3 and 4 year old preschool so they could write each letter by the end of 4 year old preschool.  Some may have not looked great or a lot were backwards but that is normal at that age and even in kindergarten. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN