Hey ladies, so I've spent a couple of days doing a ton of yard work around my house. Well, my husband went around with round up poison ivy killer because we had MASSIVE poison ivy, oak, and sumac plants in the back yard around the fence. Apparently the spray didn't work because I now have poison ivy on my neck. I'm allergic to it, not to the point of anaphylaxis, but bad enough that one time a friend of mine brushed against a plant and he immediately washed his hands, then jokingly he rubbed his hands on my pant leg and that night I broke out in huge rashes on my legs. I'm usually very good at spotting it and not coming into contact with it. My issue here is, I CAN'T STOP ITCHING 😣. It kept me up all night last night and it's getting worse. I tried washing the urushiol (the nasty stuff that makes you itch) off as soon as I noticed I touched a plant, and still got a rash! I've tried Dawn dish soap, lemon juice, hot water, and cold coffee. Nothing is working. I'm a pretty broke momma, all our money goes to bills and necessities for our son. What are some home remedies you've tried and had success with? The itching is driving me crazy!
on Jun. 20, 2014 at 8:00 AM