Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Why does He keep asking that??

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 8:47 AM
  • 11 Replies
My 5 year old son asks me a lot "Are you mad at me? Are you irritated at me?" Why does he do this? He sometimes is right that I am mad or irritated..sometimes not directly at him. Then there are other times where I am not mad or irritated.
by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 8:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AbbeysMom2013
by Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 8:58 AM
I would say he is hearing it from somewhere else. Does anyone in the home ask that? Or daycare/school. He could also just be starting to figure out emotions.
ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 9:05 AM
The only people in the home are me,5 yr old ds, and 2 yr old ds. I don't ask that, so maybe he hears it at daycare? I don't know. I almost wonder if he is sensitive or something. Or maybe he has the same problem as me with reading body language, facial expressions, and tone of voice.

Quoting AbbeysMom2013: I would say he is hearing it from somewhere else. Does anyone in the home ask that? Or daycare/school. He could also just be starting to figure out emotions.
alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this
He is learning to pick up on emotional ques but isn't always going to get it right. Be honest with him, when you are tell him and explain why, same for when you aren't.
ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 9:23 AM
Ok thanks!

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2: He is learning to pick up on emotional ques but isn't always going to get it right. Be honest with him, when you are tell him and explain why, same for when you aren't.
happynewyorker
by Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 1:53 PM

I agree with alexsmomaubrys2.  Children pick up so much from parents.  We don't see it, but they can sense it or see from our expression.  My daughter use to say that.  I'd laugh it off, give her a big hug and do something funny.  To change that saying that she says.

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Jun. 20, 2014 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Ask him! Lol
sara170
by Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 3:31 PM

He sounds insecure. Perhaps you have a way of not expressing your feeling and he has caught on to it. Kids are pretty smart. My consern would be, what is he afraid might happen if you are mad or irritated? 

BeautifulMomof1
by Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 3:34 PM
I agree with this . . My 7 yr old is the same way . . Or he'll ask what's wrong if he can tell I'm not my usual self . .

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2: He is learning to pick up on emotional ques but isn't always going to get it right. Be honest with him, when you are tell him and explain why, same for when you aren't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cali_gurl
by on Jun. 21, 2014 at 6:43 PM

Put a smile on your face momma. What a sad post. No kid wants to walk around feeling this way.

ZakkarysMom
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 8:49 PM
I have depression. And I try.

Quoting cali_gurl:

Put a smile on your face momma. What a sad post. No kid wants to walk around feeling this way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)