Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Their Fighting Is Hurting Him

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 6:15 PM
  • 6 Replies
Before I start, here is a little background:

Df, ds who is 4, and I are temporarily staying with my parents. My dad retired from his high paying long houred bank job last year. Since then he and my mother have been around each other more. Which is driving both of them crazy. They fight so much over everything. Their own friends get uncomfortable with how nasty my parents can be to each other.

Unfortunately, ds is picking up on this. He gets so angry over things and screams at me or df. He told a few days ago to stop worrying about him and worry about himself. My mother says that to my dad. Today he told me to shut up. Something my dad always says to my mom. I am frustrated and angry. But Im like what do I do? My parents will deny it is because of them. Until we move out, we can't escape it. So what can we do? Please help!
by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 6:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
nana776
by Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 6:24 PM

Is he old enough to understand that there are things he may hear others saying that hnglee is not allowed to say? I would go at it from that angle. Maybe if he starts correcting your parents, they will start to get the hint. 

3againstitall
by Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 8:31 PM
Yea. I believe he understands. So I told him if he hears his grandparents being mean to each other, he should say something to them. I hope that helps.
a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 3:45 AM
I think it is good to teach him to express his feelings to them.

Quoting 3againstitall: Yea. I believe he understands. So I told him if he hears his grandparents being mean to each other, he should say something to them. I hope that helps.
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 9:43 AM
I would punish him for repeating teach him whats Not ok to say
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Jun. 21, 2014 at 2:20 PM

Hugs to you.  It can be hard to live with family.  I would say do all you can to get your own place asap and try to get out of the house as much as you can going to the park etc.  Also keep reinforcing with him what is right and what is wrong with him and tell him just because somebody else may do something doesn't mean it is okay for him to do it. 

nancy399
by on Jun. 22, 2014 at 11:17 PM

you need to get your own place asap you dont need your kid inle  that environment of arguing and cursing litte kids do pick up curse words

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN