Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Need Advice... EXTREMELY Guilty

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 7:48 PM
  • 10 Replies

Hello beautiful ladies! I've been a single mom since 2007 and I need advice please. As a single mom I have come to accept that I have to work but I still feel EXTREMELY guilty working. I do spend quality time with my 9 yr old DD but I feel I don't spend enough quality time with her. Am I the only one who still feels guilty after all this time? Any advice? Please and Thanks beautiful! frustrated

by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 7:52 PM
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Survivor1112007
by New Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 7:58 PM

sorry beautiful didn't mean to hit post went back and edit the post! surprised

Quoting beadingmom17: ...

Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 20, 2014 at 7:59 PM

You do what you have to do.  Since you worry about your job taking you away from your child, think about what your working does for her- feeds and clothes her and so forth. When you are with her you can be sure to give her your attention and plan some fun things when you are off work. ((hugs))

Survivor1112007
by New Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 8:04 PM

Thats what I say I do what I gotta do and I'm proud of myself. I never knew I could make it alone yet alone 7 years alone! But then again my family keeps saying stuff like 'when you gonna get a man so you don't have to work anymore?' 'when you gonna find that child a daddy?' stuff like that. I am always trying to remind myself of the good coming from my working - its better than being with our abuser! I try to spend all my free time giving her my undivided attention.

Quoting Bmat:

You do what you have to do.  Since you worry about your job taking you away from your child, think about what your working does for her- feeds and clothes her and so forth. When you are with her you can be sure to give her your attention and plan some fun things when you are off work. ((hugs))

beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this
It happens :)

I'm a SAHM and still feel like I don't get enough quality time with my kids. That's why I love summer break, lol. But during the school year, by the time homework is done, dinner is cooked and everything else is done, it's shower/bedtime. Do you have weekends available? We really try to make sure weekends are family time! But you do what you have to do and just know that she'll understand when she's older :)

Quoting Survivor1112007:

sorry beautiful didn't mean to hit post went back and edit the post! surprised

Quoting beadingmom17: ...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Jun. 20, 2014 at 10:55 PM

Hugs to you.  I think as she grows up she will look back and always think my mom not only worked hard to support us but made our time we did have together great and she will be thankful. 

Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 12:25 AM
Quality over quantity is always better. Guilt is a wasted emotion.
a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 2:59 AM
I feel guilty if I am away from them when off but not for doing what I need to, to support them and provide them with a good life.

I talk myself out of the guilt by reminding myself that sometimes I need time for myself and I don't do it often
proudsahm148
by on Jun. 21, 2014 at 8:56 AM

No reason to feel guilty! You are doing the best you can to provide and care for your sweet dd! I'm sure it's difficult not to spend as much time with her as you would like, but you have to look at the positive rather than the negative. You are teaching your dd discipline and good work ethics. You are showing her that despite whatever bad has come into your life, that you are prevailing and succeeding! If you feel like you need to spend more time, maybe you can take a day off work here or there and do something fun with her! Go swimming, go to a park, the zoo, shopping, etc. I'm sure she will love it and you'll feel better too! :)

mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 1:02 PM

Sorry...no advice just a lot of hugs from one who's been there. The ONLY thing that eased my guilt was the fact that mine was with my mom and was totally right at home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN