Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms
DH and I decided to move back to Texas. I have been looking for a job (teacher) and found two great opportunities.
Positive: they are both in the same area, they both cover the same age group, they both have wonderful (that I've seen) administrators, and they are both great schools.
Negative: I need an extra certification for both of them (requested by each principal- and I'm taking the test next week) and DH would rather live in Town 1 more than Town 2.
The (possible) issue: both schools said they'd call me back within a week. Town 2 ISD called me back, with a job offer, the day after my face-to-face interview. Since DH would rather live in Town 1, what do I say/do if they call next week? If they don't get back to me, then I don't have an issue, but if they do.... I am liking Town 2 more and more, but I'm stuck. I'm sure DH will be fine with whatever I choose, but 'if' Town 1 calls, then what should I do?
What would you do? 'If' Town 1 calls, then I'm going to have to tell one of them no... How should I do that? I've never had this dilemma before (and if Town 1 never calls, then I'll have avoided it again!)
by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 11:28 PM
Replies (11-13):
SweetBabySmell
by Member on Jun. 22, 2014 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Good Luck Hun

Quoting jean_marie1987: I have worked two years at my now former job with a one-way commute of an hour and a half. I am done with commutes. I want to live in the town I work in. The towns are not close enough to live in one and commute to the other (2 hours, 45 minutes). You're right about tough decisions. DH and I continue to discuss this.
Quoting SweetBabySmell:

Don't commit yourself to anything until you talk to dh more about where to live. Is it possible you can live somewhere in between and have your dream job? Or live where dh likes and have a commute? Tough decisions. Good Luck.

aj_mom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 5:25 PM

How close are Town 1 and 2?

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Jun. 26, 2014 at 5:32 PM

I would not commit until you decide where to live,

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)