Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Irregular periods still

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2014 at 4:52 AM
  • 1 Replies
My periods have been very irregular since I stopped breastfeeding. With my first baby I was very regular and we got pregnant right away. We've been talking about starting to TTC for #2 in September but I'm worried we'll have a lot of trouble.
I had knee surgery at the end of December and also stopped breastfeeding then. My periods had already started coming back and were somewhat normal, but after the surgery/stopping breastfeeding they've been all over the place. I went two months without one the first time, then I started, and the next time it was three months before I came around again. I asked the doctor at our sons check up about it and she said its completely normal. Your hormones can take a while to sink back up after breastfeeding. She also said some woman become irregular for awhile after having surgery done.
So now it's been six months and it's been almost two months again without a period. It makes me really nervous we'll have trouble conceiving next time. I get the symptoms each month like I'm going to start, it just doesn't always come.
Anyone else think I should be worried or should I just give it a little more time?
by on Jun. 21, 2014 at 4:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
wills_mum
by Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 7:37 AM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)