Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Costco Card

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2014 at 9:53 AM
  • 21 Replies
So I'm looking into getting a costco card to get things such as DDs pull ups, soap, razors etc. I know it's expensive but is it worth it?

BF and I have to buy pull ups at least every two weeks.

If you shop at Costco, how long do your items last you

Oh! And there's only 3 of us :)
by on Jun. 21, 2014 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mazie0723
by Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 9:56 AM
2 moms liked this
Why use pull ups they are expensive and imo do more harm than good when potty training.
Momof2Stepof3
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 10:02 AM

Is there a medical reason she is still in pull ups? If not do it the old fashion way. I had to take 3 days from work to break DD from pull ups but it was worth it in the long run.

As for Costco it is and isn't a good thing. Things like TP and hygiene items yes great to buy in bulk but do you have room to store it? Some foods are good to buy in bulk but stop and think do you have room to store it and can you eat it all up before it expires. I had to stop buy flour and spices from Costco as I was not using it fast enough and I would get bugs and spices would go stale.

When buying in bulk always keep in mind do I have room to store this thing 100 rolls of ____ and can I use all of it before it expires.

Quoting MommaBear94: So I'm looking into getting a costco card to get things such as DDs pull ups, soap, razors etc. I know it's expensive but is it worth it? BF and I have to buy pull ups at least every two weeks. If you shop at Costco, how long do your items last you Oh! And there's only 3 of us :)

MommaBear94
by Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this
My daughter has autism and her language isn't fully developed so she can't let us know when she needs to go. We have to put her on every 15mins. She goes if we put her on(most of the time). Lol

Quoting Mazie0723: Why use pull ups they are expensive and imo do more harm than good when potty training.
MommaBear94
by Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 10:06 AM
She has autism, so her language isn't very developed so she can't tell us if she needs to go. But we put her on the toilet and she'll go but not on her own

And I plan on mostly buying things like soap and razors and things like that. As for food, I stick to my local grocery store. Lol if anything I might get some snacks or a yummy dessert every now and then. Lol

Quoting Momof2Stepof3:

Is there a medical reason she is still in pull ups? If not do it the old fashion way. I had to take 3 days from work to break DD from pull ups but it was worth it in the long run.

As for Costco it is and isn't a good thing. Things like TP and hygiene items yes great to buy in bulk but do you have room to store it? Some foods are good to buy in bulk but stop and think do you have room to store it and can you eat it all up before it expires. I had to stop buy flour and spices from Costco as I was not using it fast enough and I would get bugs and spices would go stale.

When buying in bulk always keep in mind do I have room to store this thing 100 rolls of ____ and can I use all of it before it expires.

Quoting MommaBear94: So I'm looking into getting a costco card to get things such as DDs pull ups, soap, razors etc. I know it's expensive but is it worth it?

BF and I have to buy pull ups at least every two weeks.

If you shop at Costco, how long do your items last you

Oh! And there's only 3 of us :)

DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 10:08 AM

Honestly as much as I love Costco I would suggest checking out the Amazon Mom program . By signing up you get a discount and it ships right to your door.

beans13
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 10:46 AM
We have the basic membership. I don't go that often. Some things are good. Once in a while I like buying meat there. Toilet paper is a great deal as is coffee, razors, batteries, ibuprofen. Things like granola bars for dd's snacks I like getting there. My favourite things to buy there are socks, underwear and white t-shirts for dh.
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Go with a friend and check prices on many things.  After that only you can figure out if it will pay for itself.

kahlansmommy
by Member on Jun. 22, 2014 at 1:56 PM
You can go in for free just to see if it would be beneficial. I have one that I split with my sister. We have the cheapest membership at $55 per year so I pay $27.50. If you have a friend who is interested too split the membership with them.
I like it and I don't. You have to be careful of the pricing. Sometimes it is cheaper to buy the same items at the local grocery.
Good luck
martini8787
by Member on Jun. 22, 2014 at 2:02 PM

Is there an annual fee and how much? I've been really curious because we are a one car house(for a short time).

Quoting DACIA79:

Honestly as much as I love Costco I would suggest checking out the Amazon Mom program . By signing up you get a discount and it ships right to your door.

a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Jun. 22, 2014 at 6:07 PM
I love Costco. Toilet paper and paper towels last me about 2 months. Snacks about 1-2 months. Meat a few months. Pull-ups over a month
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN