Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

How do you stay comfortable when it is hot out?

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 9:27 PM
  • 38 Replies

I stay in, in the AC. LOL! 

by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 9:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Right?? I don't understand why people don't get that! Or I jump in the pool!
simsgm
by Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Stip down and turn the ac on
anotherandree
by Inga on Jun. 23, 2014 at 9:52 PM
Our AC went out yesterday and our landlord has been hi hawing about getting it fixed (replace the part vs replace the whole thing). It was 109 today. It's currently 101 IN THE HOUSE. They are going to fix it tomorrow morning. We have been MISERABLE. We have all lights off, every fan on (ceiling and floor fan), drinking ice water, and taking cold showers. Only one more night of sleeping in this heat! Argh!
Sister_Someone
by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Hot out is when I'm the most comfortable. I like heat!

Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 23, 2014 at 10:13 PM

Oh no!  I can imagine how hot you are. When our AC was out during 100 degree weather a few summers ago, I put damp bathtowels in front of the floor and table fans, the evaporation of the water from the towels helped lower the temperature.  Something else that I've heard of but haven't tried is to sleep on cooler floors.

Quoting anotherandree: Our AC went out yesterday and our landlord has been hi hawing about getting it fixed (replace the part vs replace the whole thing). It was 109 today. It's currently 101 IN THE HOUSE. They are going to fix it tomorrow morning. We have been MISERABLE. We have all lights off, every fan on (ceiling and floor fan), drinking ice water, and taking cold showers. Only one more night of sleeping in this heat! Argh!

christina122952
by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I stay in with the AC
anotherandree
by Inga on Jun. 23, 2014 at 10:20 PM
My husband's a teacher and he just mentioned camping at the school for the night!

Quoting Bmat:

Oh no!  I can imagine how hot you are. When our AC was out during 100 degree weather a few summers ago, I put damp bathtowels in front of the floor and table fans, the evaporation of the water from the towels helped lower the temperature.  Something else that I've heard of but haven't tried is to sleep on cooler floors.

Quoting anotherandree: Our AC went out yesterday and our landlord has been hi hawing about getting it fixed (replace the part vs replace the whole thing). It was 109 today. It's currently 101 IN THE HOUSE. They are going to fix it tomorrow morning. We have been MISERABLE. We have all lights off, every fan on (ceiling and floor fan), drinking ice water, and taking cold showers. Only one more night of sleeping in this heat! Argh!

Bmat
by Barb on Jun. 23, 2014 at 10:36 PM

It would be good if you can do this. Or since it is just the one night, maybe go to a motel?

Quoting anotherandree: My husband's a teacher and he just mentioned camping at the school for the night!
Quoting Bmat:

cali_angel_girl
by Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Most of the time I just try to stay in.  But when I am outside with the kids I hang out in the shade.

1squishysmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this

go inside

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)