Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Waterproof cast

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:18 PM
  • 10 Replies
My DS had a waterproof cast put on last week. They said he could swim in pool with it. However, I'm not finding good reviews on them. Has anyone ever used these and how did they hold up in water.
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:30 PM

No clue, do you have to pay for a new one if it does not hold up in the water?

Femommy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:43 PM
Yes, spent 50 for it to be waterproof though.
Quoting frndlyfn:

No clue, do you have to pay for a new one if it does not hold up in the water?

Mrs.Urquhart
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:45 PM
My daughter has one on right now.

We were told i meant things like showers getting it wet wouldn't be the end of the world. Do NOT go swimming in it!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Femommy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:51 PM
Our doctor said pools are ok. But I have mixed feels about it. They said no beach or lakes.
Quoting Mrs.Urquhart: My daughter has one on right now.

We were told i meant things like showers getting it wet wouldn't be the end of the world. Do NOT go swimming in it!!
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:55 PM

I would tell the person/child no swimming at all.  Where is the cast on  arms or legs?

Femommy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:58 PM
On wrist and hand. Had a line on growth plate from a fall. Just cast as a precaution.
Quoting frndlyfn:

I would tell the person/child no swimming at all.  Where is the cast on  arms or legs?

frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:04 PM

Would they be able to just stand in the pool and not use that arm at all? My brother broke his toe/foot during winter one year and we put a plastic garbage bag over his whole leg so he could play in snow.

I will send thoughts of speedy healing for them.

Quoting Femommy: On wrist and hand. Had a line on growth plate from a fall. Just cast as a precaution.
Quoting frndlyfn:

brvdsmom
by Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:04 PM

wrap it up in a plastic bag with duct tape just to be safe. i would think even though it's 'water proof' that water could still get down on the inside

Bieg9093
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:15 PM

My girl had one about 10 summers ago.  The waterproof cast was TOTALLY worth the extra cost.  We had her in the pool or the sprinkler with it every day.  I think Doc told us not to go in ocean or lake with it.

kidkrazyinAK
by Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 10:44 AM

My son swam, bathed and showered in his...no problems at all. After swimming I used a hose and ran water in the top of the cast to wash out any dirt. It held up great.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)