Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help for sunburn...

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:51 PM
  • 15 Replies

Mobile Photo

using household items.
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
andrea0314
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 2:51 PM
bump
frndlyfn
by Platinum Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:05 PM

Cant read that small of writing.

FrankMamma
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this

This one came from an osteopathic doctor: boil tea stronger than you would drink it, let it cool to room temperature, then dip an old towel in it, wring it out and place on the sunburned area. Repeat as often as needed. You can also gargle with tea brewed like this when your throat is sore. Apparently it's the tannic acid in tea that helps.

erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:16 PM
First thing start Tylenol and keep it up for 24 hrs. It will actually reduce the sunburn making it less.
ZennMomma
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:19 PM
Vinegar or aloe vers, and drinking LOTS of water.

I would think mayo would trap the heat because of oil...?
savannabooker
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Specifically earl gray tea :) It has bergamot and sometimes lavender. Both of those help with pain and swelling

Quoting FrankMamma:

This one came from an osteopathic doctor: boil tea stronger than you would drink it, let it cool to room temperature, then dip an old towel in it, wring it out and place on the sunburned area. Repeat as often as needed. You can also gargle with tea brewed like this when your throat is sore. Apparently it's the tannic acid in tea that helps.

andrea0314
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:45 PM
sorry about that.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Cant read that small of writing.

andrea0314
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:50 PM
thanks for sharing! wish i known this a few days ago or even the picture i posted here because we went to the beach last week and i got sun poison. i was so red & it hurt so bad i cried, couldnt even sleep. i put aloe vera on it but it was so tender. even took motrin to help the pain or at least help me sleep, it only worked for a little while. and i just started peeling

Quoting FrankMamma:

andrea0314
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:51 PM
i just went through sun poisoning and i took motrin. i didnt know tylenol would help

Quoting erinsmom1964: First thing start Tylenol and keep it up for 24 hrs. It will actually reduce the sunburn making it less.
andrea0314
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:52 PM
yeah im not sure on the mayo i never tried it. i just went through sun poisoning and used aloe vera it helped sometimes

Quoting ZennMomma: Vinegar or aloe vers, and drinking LOTS of water.

I would think mayo would trap the heat because of oil...?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)