• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice Needed: whats a job i can do at home with a...

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:09 PM
  • 17 Replies

whats a job i can do at home with a new born baby to take care of that pays decent ? i am a licensed cosmetologist but theres not many at home jobs u can use that with. any advice yall can give me ??

by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KREX0914
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Apple and Aflac often offer work from home jobs in their customer service departments.

You could do hair nd nails on the side. Advertise for Prom season, especially. Teenagers are on a tight budget and often cannot afford a salon.

Lillylove2014
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:19 PM
That's a great idea how ever I am not for sure were I could advertise that at ?

Quoting KREX0914:

Apple and Aflac often offer work from home jobs in their customer service departments.You could do hair nd nails on the side. Advertise for Prom season, especially. Teenagers are on a tight budget and often cannot afford a salon.

LunieLoopen
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 5:22 PM

I work as a proofreader and write... I don't know that you can do either of those things, though. I've also seen some legitimate telecommunte customer service positions posted on craigslist... but you have to be super careful about craigslist.

KREX0914
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:54 PM
Craiglist, FB, newspapers, signs in the yard, flyers in malls ...

Quoting Lillylove2014: That's a great idea how ever I am not for sure were I could advertise that at ?

Quoting KREX0914:

Apple and Aflac often offer work from home jobs in their customer service departments.You could do hair nd nails on the side. Advertise for Prom season, especially. Teenagers are on a tight budget and often cannot afford a salon.

buttersworth
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 1:32 AM

I have a neice who nannies somebody else's children while she brings her own with her.

a_and_j_momma
by Platinum Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 1:47 AM
Babysit? I'm not sure bc you would have to have some type of business background or medical transcription for a legit, good income
booaura
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 1:48 AM
I have no idea. Maybe baby sitting or call center type work?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emitremmus
by on Jul. 1, 2014 at 10:30 AM

I work from home as a nanny for a 1yo while taking care of my 2 kids as well. You could do something like that or like someone else said advertise your hair/makeup services.

dedicatedrider
by on Jul. 1, 2014 at 10:42 AM
There are a few options I've heard of, if I remember correctly one was called Lion Bridge? I think there are some customer service call center type jobs you can do from home but I believe they require a certain number of hours of quite uninterrupted time to take calls. I know that kind of time is not generally readily available with a newborn.

I work in direct sales and love it, but it sounds like you're looking to work FOR someone versus starting your own business from home.
dedicatedrider
by on Jul. 1, 2014 at 10:44 AM
Even just getting it out there word of mouth could be a good start. It may not be a quick success, but I'd imagine there could be the potential of consistent clientele if you took the time to build it =)

Quoting Lillylove2014: That's a great idea how ever I am not for sure were I could advertise that at ?

Quoting KREX0914:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)