Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 year old crying/screaming and sleeps a LOT!! Help!

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 4:44 PM
  • 6 Replies

My fiance's daughter is 2 years old and she is usually a happy go lucky kid. Shes usually really sweet and gets along great with anybody and everybody. Well my fiance and his ex have joint custody of her, she came back here from her moms and shes been behaving weirdly. Now her mom does baby her real bad, lets her sleep in bed with her and holds her all the time and really badly babies her. Well this time shes been acting weird, she went to sleep at 10pm last night (after screaming i want my daddy for 30 mins at the top of her lungs), slept from 10pm till 12:30pm today, woke up and ate ok. Went outside with her sister to play with neighbor kids and she cried the WHOLE time she was outside. Screaming and wailing, i ask her whats wrong and the neighbor girl says shes crying cause she wants her to hold her, well i explained shes a big girl and too heavy for her friends to carry her around but she just keeps crying till the neighbor kids are asking me to keep her inside cause they dont want to hear her, she keeps screaming saying she wants her daddy, she wants her nana, she wants her sissy. she did that for about 45 mins straight. Finally calmed down and ate lunch and then fell asleep on the couch and has been asleep for about an hour now. She hasn't hurt herself (i keep a close eye on the kids), so its not physical damage causing her to behave this way. Is she just spoiled? Also another really odd thing is when she wakes up in the morings she has this horrible gag inducing rotten fish odor coming from somewhere, not sure if its her breath or what. but its horrible. even if she takes a bath the night before and she brushes her teeth every night before bed and in the mornings after breakfast. what could be wrong here? I'm urging her father to take her to the dr to get checked and hes making an appointment but i wanted to know if anybody on here could enlighten us. thanks.

Unless the Lord had given me help, I would soon have dwelt in the silence of death. When I said, "My foot is slipping," your love, O Lord, supported me. When Anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul.        Psalm 94:17-19

by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 4:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Bieg9093
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 4:48 PM

I was going to say ear infection BEFORE you got to the smelly breath thing.  Isn't it obvious she needs to see a doctor?

Saharra
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 4:49 PM
I would wonder about acid reflux....

Quoting TNlady88:

My fiance's daughter is 2 years old and she is usually a happy go lucky kid. Shes usually really sweet and gets along great with anybody and everybody. Well my fiance and his ex have joint custody of her, she came back here from her moms and shes been behaving weirdly. Now her mom does baby her real bad, lets her sleep in bed with her and holds her all the time and really badly babies her. Well this time shes been acting weird, she went to sleep at 10pm last night (after screaming i want my daddy for 30 mins at the top of her lungs), slept from 10pm till 12:30pm today, woke up and ate ok. Went outside with her sister to play with neighbor kids and she cried the WHOLE time she was outside. Screaming and wailing, i ask her whats wrong and the neighbor girl says shes crying cause she wants her to hold her, well i explained shes a big girl and too heavy for her friends to carry her around but she just keeps crying till the neighbor kids are asking me to keep her inside cause they dont want to hear her, she keeps screaming saying she wants her daddy, she wants her nana, she wants her sissy. she did that for about 45 mins straight. Finally calmed down and ate lunch and then fell asleep on the couch and has been asleep for about an hour now. She hasn't hurt herself (i keep a close eye on the kids), so its not physical damage causing her to behave this way. Is she just spoiled? Also another really odd thing is when she wakes up in the morings she has this horrible gag inducing rotten fish odor coming from somewhere, not sure if its her breath or what. but its horrible. even if she takes a bath the night before and she brushes her teeth every night before bed and in the mornings after breakfast. what could be wrong here? I'm urging her father to take her to the dr to get checked and hes making an appointment but i wanted to know if anybody on here could enlighten us. thanks.

TNlady88
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 4:50 PM

Absolutely and her dads going to take her, he made an appointment for her.

Quoting Bieg9093:

I was going to say ear infection BEFORE you got to the smelly breath thing.  Isn't it obvious she needs to see a doctor?

Unless the Lord had given me help, I would soon have dwelt in the silence of death. When I said, "My foot is slipping," your love, O Lord, supported me. When Anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul.        Psalm 94:17-19

TNlady88
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 4:51 PM

Wouldn't she be sick, like throwing up? I've had acid reflux forever and all i can remember with it is it made me gassy and sick. Shes eating just fine. 

Quoting Saharra: I would wonder about acid reflux....
Quoting TNlady88:

TNlady88
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 4:56 PM

I asked my mom what she might think it is and she said it sounds almost like shes going through withdrawals. Now her mother isn't exactly mother of the year, shes been off and on drugs and in trouble with the law. The man she lives with has been to federal prison for making and selling Meth. Neither one of them have jobs. She has multiple behavioral and mental health issues. They live off the child support my fiance is paying and despite 6 months of court battles the judge ruled 50/50 joint custody. Which ticks me off but thats the best he could get unfortunately and he had an expensive lawyer, but thats another story. 

joshsgirl12
by Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 5:01 PM
The smelly breath thing could be something stuck in her nose, my daughter has had that before and it was cause she stuck something and there and we didn't know
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)