Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Do you have to work on the 4th or will you have off?

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 10:02 AM
  • 79 Replies

So many stores are open, but other businesses are closed.

by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 10:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oliveoil423
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 10:09 AM
My husband doesnt work on friday and the weekend. He goes back next monday. We have to much to do this weekend.
Bmat
by Barb on Jul. 2, 2014 at 10:32 AM

What all do you need to do?

Quoting oliveoil423: My husband doesnt work on friday and the weekend. He goes back next monday. We have to much to do this weekend.

oliveoil423
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this
He gets paid thursday. So we are going food shopping tomorrow and get everything we need for friday. Go to pa early morning friday then come home back cup cakes, pie and the ribs. Then saturday we have to get our double stroller out of layway and finish paying that off looking at the bedding and see how much that is. Then we have to go to davids bridal to try on a brides maid dress that i need and see what size i would need for august, then my husband has to get his stuff for the groomsmen part. Not sure what else after that. Then sunday we have church. Come home put my daughter down for a nap then we are going to a marde gra and tbey will be shooting off fire works. Then monday when he gets home from work we are going to see a movie since my.mom is able to watch her and the movies are $5.

Quoting Bmat:

Quoting oliveoil423: My husband doesnt work on friday and the weekend. He goes back next monday. We have to much to do this weekend.

Reese2010727
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this
My office is closed
cupcake_mom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm a child care giver so I have to work
Bmat
by Barb on Jul. 2, 2014 at 4:15 PM

Busy!  I hope all of that baking and cooking goes well. Enjoy the fire works and the movie. :)

Quoting oliveoil423: He gets paid thursday. So we are going food shopping tomorrow and get everything we need for friday. Go to pa early morning friday then come home back cup cakes, pie and the ribs. Then saturday we have to get our double stroller out of layway and finish paying that off looking at the bedding and see how much that is. Then we have to go to davids bridal to try on a brides maid dress that i need and see what size i would need for august, then my husband has to get his stuff for the groomsmen part. Not sure what else after that. Then sunday we have church. Come home put my daughter down for a nap then we are going to a marde gra and tbey will be shooting off fire works. Then monday when he gets home from work we are going to see a movie since my.mom is able to watch her and the movies are $5.
Quoting Bmat:

oliveoil423
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 4:16 PM
1 mom liked this
It will. You have fun to.

Quoting Bmat:

Busy!  I hope all of that baking and cooking goes well. Enjoy the fire works and the movie. :)

Quoting oliveoil423: He gets paid thursday. So we are going food shopping tomorrow and get everything we need for friday. Go to pa early morning friday then come home back cup cakes, pie and the ribs. Then saturday we have to get our double stroller out of layway and finish paying that off looking at the bedding and see how much that is. Then we have to go to davids bridal to try on a brides maid dress that i need and see what size i would need for august, then my husband has to get his stuff for the groomsmen part. Not sure what else after that. Then sunday we have church. Come home put my daughter down for a nap then we are going to a marde gra and tbey will be shooting off fire works. Then monday when he gets home from work we are going to see a movie since my.mom is able to watch her and the movies are $5.

Quoting Bmat:

OHgirlinCA
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 4:16 PM

I'm off, but hubby has to work. 

OHgirlinCA
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 4:17 PM

That's too bad.  My son's daycare is closed for the Holiday.

Quoting cupcake_mom: I'm a child care giver so I have to work

Beautifulmom513
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this

my husband's job is closed. but they still have a lot of work that can be done after hours. summer is extremely busy time of year where he works. he been getting tons of overtime. he is scheduled off on the 4th as they are closed. but he volunteered to go in. he gets paid for the day either way. but if he works, at least its overtime instead of just regular pay, which helps a lot. we aren't really doing anything that day anyways. so its no problem having him go in for a few hours. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN