Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Where are you from?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 8:15 AM
  • 124 Replies

I'm originally from Montgomery, AL and now live south of Dothan, AL. It's not a bad place to raise kids, but there's not a lot in our area for teens to do, so they're pretty much always home on the computer or something, lol.

Where are you from? Where do you live now? Is it a good place to raise kids?

by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 8:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jenn_alm
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 8:23 AM

Originally from Chicago, currently in PA , yes good place to raise kids

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Jul. 8, 2014 at 8:37 AM

How long have you lived in PA?

Quoting jenn_alm:

jenn_alm
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 8:41 AM

14 years, I do miss Chicago sometimes especially the food lol I'm Mexican and there aren't many good Mexican restaurants like Chicago :(

Quoting Cafe Steph:

Quoting jenn_alm:

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jul. 8, 2014 at 8:59 AM

I'm originally from so cal, Riverside.

Now, I'm in a shithole on the nor cal coast.  :)

The area is BEAUTIFUL and majestic and all that, but not much to do overall. Peaceful anyway. Cold and dreary though. 

It's summer and I usually go to the river but I'm all bent out of shape today because dh asked me to not to today. It's an hour away and he's in a mood. So now we all get to be. Sweet. Oops ranting lol!

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Jul. 8, 2014 at 9:05 AM

Oh, yeah, I've heard many stories about Chicago's food! There are tons of Mexican places in Dothan, the next major city from where I'm at and they're all pretty popular, but most are just one step up from a Taco Bell, lol, and not very authentic. What's the best food - any ethnicity - that you enjoy in PA?

Quoting jenn_alm:

14 years, I do miss Chicago sometimes especially the food lol I'm Mexican and there aren't many good Mexican restaurants like Chicago :(

Quoting Cafe Steph:

Quoting jenn_alm:

Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Jul. 8, 2014 at 9:07 AM

Peaceful is nice, but having something different to do is also good. Oh, so he has his "man-strual cycle," as my girls say? LOL. Why'd he ask you not to go? Just because he's grumpy?

Quoting AM-BRAT:

The area is BEAUTIFUL and majestic and all that, but not much to do overall. Peaceful anyway. Cold and dreary though. 

It's summer and I usually go to the river but I'm all bent out of shape today because dh asked me to not to today. It's an hour away and he's in a mood. So now we all get to be. Sweet. Oops ranting lol!

jenn_alm
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 9:09 AM

Taco bell yuck lol, I don't really have a favorite, got used to making my own Mexican food MIL's receipe s

Quoting Cafe Steph:

Oh, yeah, I've heard many stories about Chicago's food! There are tons of Mexican places in Dothan, the next major city from where I'm at and they're all pretty popular, but most are just one step up from a Taco Bell, lol, and not very authentic. What's the best food - any ethnicity - that you enjoy in PA?

Quoting jenn_alm:

Quoting Cafe Steph:

Quoting jenn_alm:

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Jul. 8, 2014 at 9:17 AM

Who knows. General grumpiness. 

Lack of sleep, we just had to buy a washing machine, just went on a trip he didn't want to, etc. Whatever.

Quoting Cafe Steph:

Peaceful is nice, but having something different to do is also good. Oh, so he has his "man-strual cycle," as my girls say? LOL. Why'd he ask you not to go? Just because he's grumpy?

Quoting AM-BRAT:

MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 9:37 AM
Born and raised in South Florida and still here.
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:03 AM
NYC
now in FL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)