Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

2yo: Movie Theatre or no?

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2014 at 10:38 PM
  • 177 Replies
1 mom liked this

Usually a movie theatre for a 2yo would be a big NO....

But over the summer our movie theatre has a "Wacky Wednesday" - $1.00 movies at 10am every Wednesday   & next week is The Lego Movie which my 7yo DD has been wanting to see but hasnt..... Id love for us to go watch it, but Im worried about my 2yo DS..

Has anyone taken their 2yo to a movie theatre? How did it work out?

I feel so bad for my DD this year, she is at a good age to be going & doing so much stuff but we cant do it because her lil' brother is not old enough :(

-------------------

We did it! and things went very well, mainly out of luck- 2yo fell asleep about 15minutes into movie & slept until about the last 10minutes! How awesome is that!?? Im not 100% sure if he could have sat throught the movie though. I wouldnt take him to a normal show, but if another $1 kids movie comes up again like this, I would take him!

by on Jul. 10, 2014 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anotherandree
by Inga on Jul. 10, 2014 at 10:42 PM
While it's a kid's movie, it would be more acceptable if he got fussy but it would still be frustrating for others bc the movie is for older kids. I, personally, would never take my 2 yr old to a movie. We took our kids when they were 4 and it was something they would LOVE. It would be very difficult to keep a 2 yr old satisfied, even with a bright, singing movie like the "Lego Movie."
almburr
by Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this
If it's a kids movie-sure. She may suprise you and sit pretty well. There will most likely be other little ones there as well. If dd gets too wild maybe a quick walk up the aisle and back to your seat. Sit on the aisle seats.

Sorry got your kids mixed up
.LoveMy2Girls
by Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 10:47 PM
If you feel like your DS would do good, go ahead and take him. Tomorrow night we are going to the drive in at 830 pm to watch "earth to echo". Usually my almost 2 year old goes to bed around that time
So it will be a fun experience with her. She usually gets cuddly and stays pretty still when shes s leepy, so im sure she'll do good. Shes never been to the movie theatre.
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 12:51 AM
1 mom liked this

N-O!

thatgirl70
by Carin on Jul. 11, 2014 at 1:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I think going to a kid's movie would be fine. He might do better than you think. Granted, he is 2, so he probably won't be perfectly still, but then at kid's movies, you expect a little chatter.

Ashley_719
by Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 1:11 AM
1 mom liked this
The first time we took ds to a movie, he was 1.5yo and did great. It really just depends on the kid. Some can sit and watch for that long no problem, and others get bored faster.
If you feel like he'll do okay, then give it a try.
ProudNavyWife14
by New Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 1:12 AM
1 mom liked this
My two year old does good In the movies honestly. But that doesn't mean that every two year old out there will. He loves going to the movies when we get the chance, it's really exciting and we wait until the movie has been out for a week or so that way there won't be a ton of people in there in case he dose act up and I have to take him out for a min to talk to him and get him to calm back down so he can enjoy his movie.
DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 4:53 AM
Most kids I think do fine. There are some little ones that don't like the loud noise though
Asunshine88
by Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 5:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I've been taking my 3yo to the movies since his second birthday. He loves it. Never cries or gets fussy. All kids are different but you never know how he's going to act unless you try it. Bring another adult with, that way if he does cry someone can stay and watch the movie with her.
illogicalkat
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 7:07 AM
17 moms liked this

Normally I'd say no, but a $1 kids' movie at 10am is meant for children anyway. It's unlikely he'd be the only toddler there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN