Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Tummy time

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 12:07 PM
  • 19 Replies

My son absolutely just screams during tummy time and is 4 months old. i fear he will fall behind. he can not hold his bottle on his own yet either as ive seen some babies his age and younger do... any suggestions??

by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vegepunkstr
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 12:11 PM

Most babies hate tummy time and I don't know a 4 month old that holds there own bottle yet. He is just fine.

vegepunkstr. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

beckyv1972
by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 12:13 PM

Hi, my almost 7 mnth old hated tummy time and my sahdh just kept at it for so many min. at a time and increased the time she was there till she now loves it. 4 mnths is a hard time to number one be away from a warm body and number two be placed on your stomach when you are used to being on your back. As for the bottle holding, my Dd is just now getting the hang of it, bottles are heavy, awkward and they need the ability to tip them up which she has not mastered. (she can get it to her mouth and thats about it) Dont push him, all babies are not alike.

emmy526
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Calm down, quit comparing him to other babies, and realize they all grow and develop at different rates. 

100problems-1
by Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Just relax and enjoy your baby.
logansmom0322
by New Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 1:04 PM

any other tips for traning to crawl? ive heard the baby wraps help. carrying them against you.

PinkButterfly66
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 1:25 PM

Relax.  My kid hated tummy time too.  He'll get there.  You only need a few minutes at a time at first.  My kid was about 6 months before she was able to hold her bottle.  She tried earlier but it was just too heavy for her.  

erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 1:36 PM
He is not a dog...you don't train them. He's four months old chill out or by 5 your going to either have a heart attack or give him anxiety. Fall behind at 4 months?

Quoting logansmom0322:

any other tips for traning to crawl? ive heard the baby wraps help. carrying them against you.

logansmom0322
by New Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 2:03 PM

wasnt referring to my child as a dog. you do train and teach your children though

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 2:10 PM
Your kid is fine. If he doesn't like tummy time, don't do tummy time. It's not like the alphabet or math, where he'll be in trouble if you don't make him learn. He will learn on his own time. He doesn't need to be trained to crawl. He will figure it out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 2:11 PM
Its ok if he cries just talk to him he will get used to it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)